Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
79LilRedExpress

Unhappy Another happy customer

Dissatisfied Customer Drives Truck Into Dealership
The North Fayette resident jumped from his truck as it accelerated through Vasko Dodge's main doors.

The aftermath of the scene at Vasko Dodge Tuesday morning—the truck was removed and is not pictured. Robert Snatchko, 53, of North Fayette, was taken to St. Clair Hospital after driving his red Dodge pickup truck through the main doors of the Vasko Dodge dealership on Route 19 just after 9 a.m. Tuesday.

He was a "dissatisfied customer," according to Peters Township police.

The argument began Monday over the phone—Snatchko called the dealership and spoke with William Vasko. Police said Snatchko was upset regarding a roadside service plan and the fact that his did not cover locking keys in the vehicle.

Police told Patch Monday's conversation became "heated and profane," and that Vasko hung up the phone. Snatchko called back, spoke with another employee then threated that he'd run his truck into the building.

Tuesday, a witness stated he saw the truck parked at an angle five feet from the door. He said he heard the engine accelerate then saw Snatchko jump from the truck.

Peters Township police, EMS crews, Peters Township firefighters and North Strabane police responded to the scene.

Police said the incident is being further investigated and they are unsure exactly how he suffered his injuries.

Snatchko, of 197 Redwood Drive, was released from St. Clair Hospital and arraigned by District Judge James Ellis on charges of making terroristic threats, criminal mischief and reckless endangerment. Snatchko is scheduled to appear before Ellis at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 22 for his preliminary hearing.

This article first appeared on Peters Patch.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
The StraightShooter

That is horrible. Bill & Steve Vasko are good guys who run a respectable store. You can't argue reason with crazy people.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
ohiobuckeyes

"The fact that he (Snatchko) was charged with crimes for what he did says all that needs to be said about this," Vasko said.

Read more: Dealership takes brunt of driver's rage - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1dps6WlFC
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The StraightShooter View Post
That is horrible. Bill & Steve Vasko are good guys who run a respectable store. You can't argue reason with crazy people.
That's so true.

In my experience there's a certain percentage of the population that's simply insane - even stores like Nordstroms don't have 100% customer satisfaction.

Concerning the customer who drove his truck into the dealership, if it was a new vehicle his frustration should be aimed at Auburn Hills, not his dealer. It's been awhile since I've checked but I think Chrysler is one of the only OEMs who doesn't offer some form of Roadside Assistance as part of their basic warranty.

On a totally unrelated note, the name Vasko sounds familiar to me. I'm thinking that Chrysler Service Contracts used to have an Account Executive working for them whose father was a dealer - I think the AE's name was Brian Vasko. I wonder if this is the same dealer?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote