Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default 3rd anniversary of Dealer Cuts.

Three years is almost up, so like last year I plan to toast the dealers that "didn't make the cut". For the 789 the letter is dated the 13Th of may so that is the day I will remember for the rest of my life. We have lost some great dealers that served Chrysler faithfully for in many instances several generations.

So at 9:00 PM central time Sunday I invite everyone to join me in a toast, raise your favorite beverage to the lost dealers and the ones that continue to fight the fight. Lets also remember our friend Dodge Quality that posted on this site, as he lost his fight with cancer that re-emerged after the dealer cut. So mine will be a double Crown on the rocks.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Hard to believe it's almost been three years. A lot of good dealers got hurt in the name of "shared sacrifice" where the Task Force and GM and Chrysler circumvented Capitalism and selected their own winners and losers.

Concerning our member dodgequality - that was Larry Weathers, Jr. - a great man who I really miss.

I'll join you in your toast on Sunday and hope there are better times ahead for those who were hurt and that Karma settles the score in those cases where Justice failed to do so.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Default I've been meaning to read Tammy's Book - Outraged

I've been meaning the read the book, Outraged, by Tammy Darvish since I purchased it about six months ago. This thread will provide me motivation to read the book and start a new thread about it on the forum.

I guess the reason I've postponed reading the book is I knew it would make me angry and frustrated to relive those events but I also think it's important we don't forget what happened.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
57years

I have Tammy's book,and also postphoned reading it. I read Allen's book on a flight to 'Frisco, and cried. It was well written.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
chryslersrt8

Don't forget...don't ever forget the day that 789 innocent dealers were led to slaughter. If you were one of them, like me, our lives will never be the same. For those of you who survived that day, don't ever forget, less it might happen to any of you (God forbid)!
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
possum

All well spoken comments. I try to not think about it too, but will certainly mark the time with you guys! And I agree with X on the Karma, and the anger after thinking about it.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
elmdodge

Remember on election day Our Shared sacrifice, SALUTE
elmdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
I have Tammy's book,and also postphoned reading it. I read Allen's book on a flight to 'Frisco, and cried. It was well written.
Funny you should mention Alan Spitzer's book - Grand Theft Auto. I was going to purchase that book through Buy.com and it was on back-order for months.

For some reason the order was never filled and it just dropped off their system. It's good to hear that it's an interesting book to read - I'll have to buy a copy and then read Alan's book once I finish Tammy's.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslersrt8 View Post
For those of you who survived that day, don't ever forget, less it might happen to any of you (God forbid)!
Great comments - I couldn't agree more.

In fact, when I read the comments following many of the stories about Chrysler in Automotive News I find that one of Chrysler's biggest supporters is a dealer who owns a small dealership in Eastern Washington.

While I can appreciate his enthusiasm for all of the good things that are happening at Chrysler I don't think he fully grasps how easily his store could have been added to the list of the 789 - or how vulnerable he is should Chrysler ever mandate that he upgrade his facility.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
57years

Quote:
Funny you should mention Alan Spitzer's book - Grand Theft Auto. I was going to purchase that book through Buy.com and it was on back-order for months.
A reminder, From what I understand there is an "academic" version with additional documents and appendixes. I tried to get the bigger version through B&N and Joseph-Beth. Might be worth the look. I did read my street version, on the little tech I have, IPAD.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
CL Pgh

This always reminds me of the Tele-Begging conference where Jim Press tells us... “he knows where we live and where our children go to school” blah, blah, blah. Shortly after followed “the letter” and then all the Chrysler reps suddenly had sunscreen film on their vehicles windows.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
This always reminds me of the Tele-Begging conference where Jim Press tells us... “he knows where we live and where our children go to school” blah, blah, blah. Shortly after followed “the letter” and then all the Chrysler reps suddenly had sunscreen film on their vehicles windows.
A couple of weeks later the SWBC and CFC Zone Office sent out an email to all the dealers informing them that there were now armed security guards in place at their offices, and that "walk in access" had been restricted. They were definitely feeling guilty over what had been done to the dealers and afraid somebody might decide to go postal on them.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
chryslersrt8

The day of the letter, an old time dealer from north side of Chicago went to MWBC to say thank you for all the years his family had the dealership and for all the memories. Not only was he not allowed in building, NO ONE would come down and even speak to him. Finally a vendor's rep who was in the business office that morning came down to speak to him.

Isn't it ironic a POS like Jim Press threatened dealers for not stepping to the plate and take allocation and yet he was facing repos and liens for non payment on his properties?

Our family lost everything but at least we paid our debts. But then again we were men of honor.
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
G8Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Hard to believe it's almost been three years. A lot of good dealers got hurt in the name of "shared sacrifice" where the Task Force and GM and Chrysler circumvented Capitalism and selected their own winners and losers.
It is hard to believe that it's almost been 3 years. In some ways it seems almost like yesterday- and then in some ways it seems so long ago. I will definitely never forget....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I'll join you in your toast on Sunday and hope there are better times ahead for those who were hurt and that Karma settles the score in those cases where Justice failed to do so.
COMPLETELY AGREE XDCX!!! And I will join in the toast too!!
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
The StraightShooter

Salute and God Bless
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote