Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
sadie1

Default How does your Dealership handle Internet Sales Leads?

Not sure if I am putting this in the correct place or not but here goes. We are a small store becoming overwhelmed with Internet leads and our sales consultants planners are becoming very cumbersome. The problem is I know that we are not effectively calling 30 - 40 people a day and still trying to cultivate our active prospects into deals as well as work the floor and answer phones etc. We are looking at a few possible solutions one being hiring someone that handles nothing but Internet Leads or hiring someone to facilitate all the contacts but to pass them off to the sales consultant when they show up for the appointment, or just adding more consultants to the showroom floor. I would appreciate any ideas on how your stores are handling the Internet leads. Thanks for all your help
sadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

sadie1 - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.com

I created a new thread for your question and moved your post. It's a great question and I didn't want it to get lost in another thread.

While I have an opinion on your situation, I'd much rather hear from our members about what works best for their dealership.

Thanks for asking the question - I think this is an issue that a number of stores are dealing with right now.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
CarguyCO

We have an internet department w/ 3 "managers" that handle the leads from start to pass off to salesman once they arrive at the dealership.

Some of the leads get passed to salesman sooner than that but for the most part the internet gets them in the door of the dealership and the salesman gets them in the door of the car.

We up them and they ask for "jim" in the internet...we take them to "jim" and he passes them right back to us....

Hope that helps.

PS
That internet person should be someone good on the phone, someone w/ reasonable sales skills and someone persuasive enough to get the appointment over the phone.
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Granch

We have one dedicated internet manager, calls all the leads. we're not a huge store about 60-70 monthly, internet contributes usually between 12-15 of those.
Granch is offline   Reply With Quote