Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
bill8972

Default DMS feedback

We are currently in the process of changing our DMS from UCS to ??? Our finalists as of now are ACS, AutoSoft, AutoMate, DealerTrack and PBS. I would be very interested to hear from anyone using these systems especially if you are a former UCS client. I'd like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly.
bill8972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill8972 View Post
We are currently in the process of changing our DMS from UCS to ??? Our finalists as of now are ACS, AutoSoft, AutoMate, DealerTrack and PBS. I would be very interested to hear from anyone using these systems especially if you are a former UCS client. I'd like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly.
As a small dealer, you gotta love Autosoft.

Best bang for the buck... IMHO of course !
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
bambam93

We had AutoMate. Loved it. Very easy to use. Cheap, no contract, and great customer service.
bambam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
As a small dealer, you gotta love Autosoft.

Best bang for the buck... IMHO of course !
Agreed! All Windows Based, in house server, user friendly. Great Bang for the Buck. You get alot of perks with this system too just ask other dealers with it.

I know a large dealership group that is on Dealertrack and for the past week have not been able to work. DealerTrack is all internet based so NO Internet NO DMS system. It seems not to be working very well.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
jayhawk

wev'e been on autosoft since '99. its way more sophisticated than we'll ever be. still paying the same monthlies as '99,. great support too.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
chryslersrt8

We used Autosoft for 10+ years. Not only are they affordable the customer support from AutoSoft and their local vendor (Automotive Parts & Services) was outstanding!
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
jadog1

Automate here easy to use but does have a few little quirks that are a pain, but all in all customer service and price are very good.
jadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
jeepdealer

I agree with jadog1. We switched from R+R to Automate. Quirks are small price to pay for substantial cost savings and month to month contract. Transition for employees went remarkably well.
jeepdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
57years

I need a little more advice, hopefully from an independent who has done the recearch recently. I am out of contract with ADP. I've cut all the frills I can, and my monthly runs about $1,700.00. I still think this is too much, but everyplace I look, I see but one price alternative (Autosoft) with an upfront in house server and install of about $9,000.00. Is there any other DMS out there for a low volume independent?
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
birch3x

we've been with ADP since 1986. When they realized we were probably going with Dealer Track or Automate they dropped their price almost in half so we stayed with them.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
I need a little more advice, hopefully from an independent who has done the recearch recently. I am out of contract with ADP. I've cut all the frills I can, and my monthly runs about $1,700.00. I still think this is too much, but everyplace I look, I see but one price alternative (Autosoft) with an upfront in house server and install of about $9,000.00. Is there any other DMS out there for a low volume independent?
If you can find an old IBM "DIAL SYSTEM" Netfinity 5600 server from the old days, Autosoft can retro fit it for you. So you won't have the expense of a new server.

And if you get your own work station PC's ( although I used Autosofts PC's ) you can save a lot of that $9000.

My vote is still for Autosoft. They have been very good to work with.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #12
steve_biegler

I'm with Red....Autosoft. Month to month too! Ask some of the ADP or R&R guys who got cut how understanding they are about the contract if you are all of a sudden gone.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
If you can find an old IBM "DIAL SYSTEM" Netfinity 5600 server from the old days, Autosoft can retro fit it for you. So you won't have the expense of a new server.

And if you get your own work station PC's ( although I used Autosofts PC's ) you can save a lot of that $9000.

My vote is still for Autosoft. They have been very good to work with.
That's an interesting solution - thanks for adding the information to the thread.

With all of the dealerships that have closed over the past two years I'd have to guess there's a glut of old hardware available that could be reconfigured at a lower cost than buying new.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
57years

The biggest drawback I see, is finding the "right" IBM "Dial system" Netfinity 5600 server. I searched and there are matching names out there, but my eyes glaze over when I see them identified not only by serial number, but also by processor. I am trying to get more specifics from Autosoft, and possibly, and I would do this of I was them, put an "out of service" former customer together with me. This avoids all the finger pointing of "the used server is wrong" and eliminates the Autosoft need for reconfiguration. Hope my salesperson from Autosoft can see my point of view.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #15
chryslersrt8

Instead of dealing with an old server check around for a new one. On the dell computer site new servers are available for under $1000. You can get a great new one, faster and more reliable than any old one plus get new model coverage. Is it worth saving a little money if your main source for computing throughout the dealership is down due to breakdown? Autosoft's local reps for Chicagoland (Automotive Parts Services) helped us when we bought ours. No I did not like buying a new server but it lasted 11 trouble free years until we closed (shut down!).
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote