Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > South Central Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Dealer rejected by GMAC finds flooring with BB&T Bank

News reports indicate that M&L Motors of Lexington S.C. has found a flooring source to replace Chrysler Financial - the dealership had been rejected by GMAC. Here's a link to the full report - click here

The Dealer Principal indicates that BB&T Bank has issued the dealership a floorline which has allowed them to order new vehicles from Chrysler.

I think it's great news to hear there are banks that are once again getting back into the wholesale financing business. Maybe the credit markets are starting to thaw after the deep freeze of the past 18 months?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
crowe

Their in Lexington NC. We used to trade a lot with M&L. These are good guys,110%. Glad to see them back.

BB&T is one of the few banks left where a good relationship & character counts.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe View Post
Their in Lexington NC.
Your right on that one Crowe.

From the looks of their Google Earth Street View picture use to stock a lot full of vehicles. That sucks good dealerships got stuck in the middle of the CFC and GMAC divorce.

Its great to hear good news about your local dealership.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Their in Lexington NC.
Oops.... Thanks for catching my mistake.

Quote:
We used to trade a lot with M&L. These are good guys,110%. Glad to see them back.
I'll send them an e-mail and invite them to the forum. I bet they're happy to have the CF nightmare behind them.

Quote:
It's good to know that there are still a few banks left that look beyond the Financial Statement and work with the dealer to find solutions.

It's also good to know there are banks willing to extend floorlines again. I know there are still four of five Chrysler stores in California that don't have a flooring source and Chrysler has done NOTHING to help them.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote