Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > South Central Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Houston Used Car Dealer shot and killed during robbery

News reports indicate that Russell Soltani was shot and killed after he exited his SUV and walked toward the entrance of his used car dealership - he was ambushed and shot from behind.

Here's a link to the news report - click here

Police believe that the robber may have been tracking Soltani's actions in the days prior to the killing and knew that Solanti arrived at the dealership at approximately 9:45 a.m. with a briefcase in hand. Apparently the used car dealership is located in a tough part of town and it's possible Solanti decided to bring the cash necessary to run the business with him each morning as opposed to leaving it on location in a safe.

Also, to be clear, Russell Solanti was not a member of the forum. (I don't want our members to be alarmed since we have a member who runs a used car dealership in Texas with the same first name.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:26 AM   #2
FixedOpsGuy

I can't put into words how I feel about this. The robbers could have handled this any number of ways. And, they chose to take an innocent life and spend eternity in hell. For God's sake, take the money and leave. Why? Why take a life? And then walk away. That was pure evil. No respect of life at all, no conscience...
Prayers for Mr. Soltani's family that they make it through and find resolve.
God Speed, Russell
FixedOpsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedOpsGuy View Post
I can't put into words how I feel about this. The robbers could have handled this any number of ways. And, they chose to take an innocent life and spend eternity in hell. For God's sake, take the money and leave. Why? Why take a life? And then walk away. That was pure evil. No respect of life at all, no conscience...
Prayers for Mr. Soltani's family that they make it through and find resolve.
God Speed, Russell
I had the exact same feeling - why did the robber have to ambush and kill the man? Stealing is one thing but to shoot a man in the back just to steal his briefcase is evil.

I also have to wonder if there was an "insider" somewhere in the planning of this robbery? Why did the robber assume the contents in the briefcase were going to be valuable?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote