Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #31
Txflyer

I noticed that a dealership that had previously told me they were "pre approved" didn't make the list.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #32
ohiobuckeyes

Dublin, Ohio - Crown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat.

Bob-Boyd's owners have clarified that the Fiat franchise will be on the Southeast Side of Columbus near the company's Lincoln dealership, and not in Lancaster.

Bob-Boyd Lincoln Fiat Columbus, Ohio

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...e.html?sid=101
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #33
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
I noticed that a dealership that had previously told me they were "pre approved" didn't make the list.
I was surprised by one of the selections too.

Trey VeDova has a CJDR dealership on the windward side of Oahu and he was interviewed by one of the Detroit newspapers prior to "The Fiat Experience" event. Trey's on Dealer Council and seemed to be very interested in the Fiat Franchise - I was surprised to see that the only Fiat Franchise in Hawaii was awarded to the Cutter group.

To be clear, I'm a HUGE fan of Nick Cutter, I was just surprised Trey didn't get the franchise.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
It appears all of the dealerships were awarded to existing Chrysler dealers but I have not taken the time to verify that's 100% correct.
Brad Wernle's report in Automotive News confirms that all of the dealers to be awarded the Fiat Franchise are existing Chrysler dealers. Chrysler acknowledges they want to add more dealers and it's likely they'll include proposals from non-Chrysler dealers.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #35
bambam93

The Milwaukee, Wi location for John Bergstrom:
He doesn't own any Chrysler dealerships in the Milwaukee area. His closest Chrysler dealership is about an hour and a half north in the Appleton area. This location for the Fiat dealership has Chevy and Smart (along with an empty Hummer building).
bambam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #36
XDCX
Administrator

Default Latest list of Fiat Dealerships with Grand Opening Dates

Here's a list of Fiat Dealerships with Grand Opening Dates that was released by Examiner.com - click here

Two things surprised me about the list:

First, I was surprised how many of the Fiat dealerships had a delayed opening date - many don't open until the second or third quarter of 2011.

Second, I was surprised that Chrysler was allowing the dealer to include their name in the DBA - I thought all the stores were going to follow the pattern set by Saturn and require the Fiat brand to be listed first - e.g. Fiat of Scottsdale.

On a different note, I don't know where the author of the Examiner report received his information so I think it would be advisable to take the information with a grain of salt.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #37
XDCX
Administrator

Default Here's the Official Fiat Dealership list as of 03/15/11

Quote:
On a different note, I don't know where the author of the Examiner report received his information so I think it would be advisable to take the information with a grain of salt.
I did a little digging and found the Official Fiat Dealership list as of 03/15/11. The report provided by the Examiner mirrors the data in the Official list.

Here's the list as a six page PDF download.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fiat Dealership List.pdf (411.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #38
XDCX
Administrator

Default Link to the Fiat Dealer List for non-members

Quote:
Here's the list as a six page PDF download.
The PDF download in the above post can only be accessed by DealershipForum members.

Here's a link to a forum that makes the list available to members and guests - click here
Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #39
79LilRedExpress

Default Dealerships steer clear of new fiat

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_729308.html

I noticed that Hillview was not on your revised list, then I saw this article.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #40
ohiobuckeyes

Just wanted to note that Fiat has done a great job with Social Networking of their new locations. Most of these dealership have a "Facebook" page which you can launch from the Fiat Dealer.com sites. I follow about 4 of these dealerships on my personal facebook, and it's very cool for a "dealer/car" guy to follow the building of the new stores and a building of a brand. Wish Chrysler would of gave us Facebook pages might of worked better for us Little Guys.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #41
mr4t60e

I'm kind of surprised to see the western half of Michigan not represented. Perhaps dealers on this side of the state are all too smart to fall for Fiat?
mr4t60e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #42
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_729308.html

I noticed that Hillview was not on your revised list, then I saw this article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4t60e View Post
I'm kind of surprised to see the western half of Michigan not represented. Perhaps dealers on this side of the state are all too smart to fall for Fiat?
Thanks for the posts.

I still don't have my arms around the whole issue yet, but I get the very distinct impression that all is not well with the Fiat Dealer Network.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #43
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Just wanted to note that Fiat has done a great job with Social Networking of their new locations. Most of these dealership have a "Facebook" page which you can launch from the Fiat Dealer.com sites. I follow about 4 of these dealerships on my personal facebook, and it's very cool for a "dealer/car" guy to follow the building of the new stores and a building of a brand. Wish Chrysler would of gave us Facebook pages might of worked better for us Little Guys.
Great comments.

Personally, I'm still on the fence with Facebook and what role it will play for car dealers. I would love to hear some success stories from dealers who feel Facebook has become a valuable tool to communicate with their customers.

That said, your post is a great testimonial for the four dealers you've been tracking.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #44
bambam93

7 Fiats sold in March for Bergstrom Fiat of Milwaukee
bambam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #45
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam93 View Post
7 Fiats sold in March for Bergstrom Fiat of Milwaukee
Thanks for the update.

I read that Fiat managed to sell exactly 500 of the Fiat 500s in their first month to report sales.

I also read a Facebook post by a Fiat dealer in Southern California that they have almost 100 Fiat 500s in inventory - and it's not Motor Village of Los Angeles. (I haven't had a chance to verify the claim - that seems like a lot of inventory given the limited time the Fiat 500s have been available.)