Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
jules4jeeps

Default Independent Franchises?

June 10th marked my date into a whole new avenue in to the automotive sales & finance biz. We are OLDCO, and now a BRAND NEW used vehicle store. I would love to see a section dedicated to Independents. We have an independent service and parts department as well.

Our current challenge at the moment is finding inventory. We have a few left over now NON-CPOV Chrysler stuff, but we really want to get alot of imports...hard to find and what you can find is scary high prices.

Tomorrow I get to met up with the Illinois Sec of State rep to return our OLDCO plates and temp reg permits and get to request new stuff...

Last edited by jules4jeeps; 06-17-2009 at 07:37 PM.
jules4jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
zohpy

Nice to see ya girl. Welcome to my world!
Once our franchise license went away (in Fla) and we got our independant license a lot of our lenders left us behind. A few are now begging us to get back on board. Funny thing how karma works.
zohpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
jules4jeeps

Hey fellow independent sista! Wow, what a world...guess who I have discovered is open to independent finance...CREDIT UNIONS!

No mark up on rate, but at least you write the contract and can sell all the goodies. CUDL drops their agreement off tommorrow and a few other non- CUDL CU's are on my radar...

I never guessed I'd ever cuddle with CUDL, but hey, here I am!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Jules - Congratulations, I've always admired your positive attitude.

Initially I didn't think there would be enough interest to support an Independent Dealer Section, but I'm now convinced that I may have been wrong.

Do you want it to have the same format with Sales, Finance, Service and Parts? Any idea where it should be placed - under which section?

I'd also love to hear ideas from our other members on what I can do to improve the forum.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
jules4jeeps

Yes yes yes yes! To all 4! Sales, Finance, Service, Parts all have equal challenges...

I am busy getting new dealer agreements in place for finance, and its an uphill battle. I am talking to new vendors for VSC, RHTW, Maint Plans, and much more.

I personally think there is going to be a huge upswing in used vehicles sales via independents. Used vehicle prices are on the rise now. Traditional finance sources are going to get eclipsed by CU's and ( I wonder how Obama's new sweeping regulation proposals will affect CU's)...and the VSC, RHTW, Maint Plan, ect ect options have lots of opportunities as well.

Open the Independent's Section and I promise to visit it regularly!

Thanks so much for all you do XDCX...in these perilous times it helps alot. Keep up the good work my friend!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #6
F&I Pro

For those of you who are going independant.... Check out Credit Acceptance Corp.. They guarentee finance to anyone who can prove 800.00 per month income..I was an independant dealer and too late found this source..great opportunity for those that the CU's won't do and it's not your money in the street. They have 2 programs, one gets best advance from jump street and one is a portfolio program... great opportunity to get units in the street without it being your money in the street.

Last edited by F&I Pro; 06-18-2009 at 05:01 AM. Reason: left off ending
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules4jeeps View Post
Open the Independent's Section and I promise to visit it regularly!
That's all I needed to hear.

The fact that both you and zophy expressed an interest shows there's a need for an Independent Dealer section. I sent a request to my Website Developer and I've asked that he add the new section with the sub-forums.

More information to follow.....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
zohpy

Funny you should mention CAC. Just went to their training about 3 mos ago. It is a great niche product if you have the right inventory and downstroke.

A big ole THANK YOU to XDCX for making an Independant Dealer section. It can be a slippery slope and I am here to offer my assistance as needed.
zohpy is offline   Reply With Quote