Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 11-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
lexie

Default Arkona DMS System

I hope someone can help me. I have called Arkona and they seem to be oblivious to what I am asking.

My warranty clerk can not close a warranty repair order until she submits it and it comes back paid. Reason being if she closes the repair order and submits it, and it comes back the next day suspended, she is then unable to get back into the repair order to adjust anything for re-submission.

Therefore we are having to leave warranty tickets open for sometimes weeks at a time which is now causing an issue with Nissan. If a customer wants to lemon law their vehicle and the work order states the it was closed 43 days (or however many) after being opened, it looks as if the vehicle sat here the whole time. Which leaves the vehicle open to be open for lemon law.

Does ANYONE know how to close a repair order, or make it show a closed date, once the work is finished and the paperwork is turned in?
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
steve_biegler

Can your DSM give you any names of other Nissan dealers that are on the same system? Those dealers may be able to give you an answer.

Oh by the way, welcome to the Forum!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
tnpartsguy

Lexie, we are a GM dealer that was on DT/Arkona for 10 years until May. We closed warranty tickets as the vehicle was picked up, period. My warranty clerk is gone already for the day, but if you'll PM me your information, I'll have her contact you Monday.

I know you DO have to have a recievables account open for warranty. Are you new to DT, or is your warranty person?
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
lexie

Thank you! We have been using Arkona for about a year. This has been an issue since we got it. My FOM was supposed to get us in contact with someone who is seasoned in Arkona but hasn't done so yet. We have switched FOM's and still I am unable to find anyone to help me. We have a GM dealer who uses Arkona but they have no answer for me either.
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
tnpartsguy

I had the lady that was our warranty admin contact Lexie this morning. (Was because we kicked her upstairs to a better job). The gist of the problem as I understand it, Honda doesn't work quite like GM, so you don't really have any idea what you are getting paid, so the RO has to stay open at least another day until they pay or reject.

When we were on DT this is how it was done.
On GM, the RO is coded and the time calulated. The system figures the part mark-up, and the RO is closed. The warranty admin person submits the RO over Dealerworld.
Any additions or subtractions are handled in accounting, not in service. This is how we did it for several years. If anyone has better information to share that's on DT and has Honda, please step up.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

tnpartsguy - Thanks for all of your efforts to help one of our fellow members - Good Karma for you.

Based on my understanding of lexie's concern, I wonder whether it's an issue with Arkona or Nissan? If Nissan's system won't let a dealer enter a date for when the vehicle was returned to the customer then I'd think all Nissan dealers would have this problem, regardless of which DMS they use.

I'm not too familiar with Nissan, but if their warranty payment system uses the date the Repair Order is closed as being the same date as the date the vehicle was returned to the customer I'd think they'd have issues across the country with Lemon Law cases claiming excessive days out of service.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote