Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

View Poll Results: Virginia to ban Truck Nuts...Do you agree?
Yes...Ban them nuts! 2 33.33%
No...You must protect them nuts! 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Rod Barajas

Question Virginia to ban Truck Nuts...Do you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey Frances/WCAV TV

Fake Private Parts Target of Virginia Lawmaker

January 15, 2007

One Virginia delegate is taking aim at drivers who dangle a certain car accessory from the backs of their trucks.

Virginia Delegate Lionel Spruill is drafting a bill that will no doubt stir up some interesting conversation among lawmakers. He wants to ban the use of a car accessory designed to look like male genitalia.

Auto Xtras, an auto parts retailer in Lynchburg, sells a brand called Truck Nuts.

They say they sell 40 to 50 pairs of Truck Nuts a year, mostly to women.

"It's all in fun. It's like anything else. You got a big truck like that; you throw something like that on it," said store employee Shane Eastwood. "It's all for attention. Everybody who does this sort of stuff does it for the attention."

As soon as Spruill's bill is drafted, Virginia lawmakers will have to give these dangly auto parts a onceover.

Spruill is taking the lead from a Maryland delegate who worked to get these accessories off the road last year.

Email Address: hailey.frances@wcav.tv
Wow...Talk about busting some balls...So do you agree?

Last edited by Rod Barajas; 01-31-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Carracer

As much as I hate those things I gotta think we don't need any more trivial laws. Find something better to deal with.
Carracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carracer View Post
As much as I hate those things I gotta think we don't need any more trivial laws. Find something better to deal with.
Carracer: Welcome to the Forum.

I have the same viewpoint. I don't understand why someone would want a set of Truck Nuts but it should be their choice. We have too many laws that don't get enforced already.

As a related side note, I was taking a short trip with my mom this past weekend and I noticed a set of pink Truck Nuts hanging from the bumper of a Nissan pick-up. There had been a lull in the conversation so I pointed them out and explained what they were. Mom stared at the Truck Nuts in disbelief and then stared at the driver of the Nissan when I passed him a few minutes later. It was a little embarrassing.

Later that evening she asked about the Truck Nuts wanting to know what they were called again. It appears she has taken some pride in the fact that she's certain that she's the only 70+ year old woman in her swim group that knows about Truck Nuts.

Maybe it's stories like this that are behind the desire to have them banned.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote