Go Back   DealershipForum.com > European Franchises > Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche > Sales

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Volkswagen commercial - Dog ate the keys....

I was watching some College Football on Tivo last night and I was fast-forwarding through the commercials when a VW ad caught my eye.

The commercial showed a guy taking his dog to the vet and since he had his dog in both hands he was able to use VW's proximity key to lock the doors of his Jetta without taking the keys out of his pocket - at least that's what I thought I saw when I first viewed the commercial in fast-forward mode.

When I went back and watched the commercial at regular speed it was clear that the guy couldn't find his keys and concluded that his dog ate his keys. He was then able to open the door and start the car by simply having the dog within the vehicle's proximity range. The commercial even showed that it's possible to roll-up the windows and close the sunroof without using the keys - in his case the guy just held his dog near the passenger door.

I thought the commercial was pretty clever. Here's a link to the commercial on YouTube - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I don't know how common the proximity key is within the industry but I noted the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO that I drove at Barrett-Jackson also had this feature.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Wink The risk of using humor - some people won't get it....

I watched this commercial a second time on YouTube last night and then read some of the comments that were submitted by YouTube users.

I just about fell off my chair when two people were angry with VW because they thought the owner was taking his dog to the vet to get him put-down because the dog didn't look good enough to be rinding in his new Volkswagen.

Dear lord, how is our society ever going to evolve if the dense keep repopulating....
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Dear lord, how is our society ever going to evolve if the dense keep repopulating....
HA HA....Just think how stupid the average person is... then remember, 1/2 are even worse! I know its an old one but it seemed appropriate.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote