Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
hart/xit

Default GM requested Remodel

Has anyone successfully received waivers from GM on variances? We purchased this facility in 2007. GM approved site and conditions. Now they want a complete remodel. Since purchase new coat of paint and new flooring throughout, know all needs to be ripped out a start over. Kind of amaze me that a company that filed BK wants me to spend an exurbanite amount of money for image. Don’t think updated flooring and lights not mention fascia is going sell one more vehicle. Zone Manger is not very helpful just says write letter with variances and they may think about it. Not sure how much more I am willing to give already gave one facility to them and two car lines.
hart/xit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

How old is the facility? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to replace what has already just recently been replaced.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
hart/xit

The actual age of the faciltiy is '78, that why when took it over we complted alot of TLC. Steel framed building.
hart/xit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
Txflyer

Hate to hear stories like this. GM yanked our entire GM line (Chevrolet) during the bankruptcy. We had a brand spanking new building put up back in 1996 who's design had been approved by GM and met all the Image 2000 criteria. Just goes to show that no matter what you do for them, they can still stab you in the back.

I think you've probably got the same Zone Manager we did. If so, you've REALLY got my sympathy.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Lakeshow

We got ours yanked in BK also, Chev and Buick. It's threads like these that do not make me miss being tied to an manufacturer. All the programs constanly changing, all the lies from the reps or managers, etc. Luckily we've been successful with out them. But those variances worked fine with the old GM, not sure how the new is taking them. Let's face it, according to Akerson 75% of dealers are remodeling their stores. That number is about as real as their billion dollar profits as of late.

Nothing has changed at GM but names on desks and their debt structure. I hear this same line of thinking from dealer friends everyday. The govt is going to lose their ass on the remaining GM shares, and won't be there to bail them out again in five years.

And to make this a positive post, hope everyone has a happy Easter!

Last edited by Lakeshow; 04-22-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote