Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #46
XDCX
Administrator

Default Goodwin Chevrolet-Buick has been reinstated

News reports indicate Goodwin Chevrolet-Buick of Oxford, ME has been reinstated by General Motors in settlement of their arbitration case. For the full report - click here

Here's an excerpt from the report I liked -

"Downing said she had a stack of folders a foot high to prove their case of why they should remain.
“When the man (from GM) came in May he walked in the building, looked around and asked, 'Can you tell me why I'm here?' I said I'd like to know that myself,”Downing said."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #47
XDCX
Administrator

Default Bruce Chevrolet in Hillsboro, OR is reinstated

News reports indicate that Bruce Chevrolet of Hillsboro, OR has signed their new dealer agreement and has been reinstated by General Motors. Bruce Chevrolet was one of the first 666 dealers to be reinstated.

For the full report - click here
Old 07-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #48
XDCX
Administrator

Default Sun Chevrolet to remain with General Motors

In another example of GM settling an arbitration case before it started, news reports indicate Sun Chevrolet of Chittenango, NY will be reinstated.

For a link to the full report - click here
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #49
DealerEx

Just visited with the local GM dealer and he told me they had won their arbitration case and were being reinstated subject to meeting some conditions established by GM, which he said were not totally unreasonable. However, he WAS concerned about their relationship with GMAC...said they had been uncooperative, unfriendly, and dragging their feet on everything with him for the last 14 months, and a comment had been made about having to put more money into the deal in order to get a "new floorplan agreement" done.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #50
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
However, he WAS concerned about their relationship with GMAC...said they had been uncooperative, unfriendly, and dragging their feet on everything with him for the last 14 months, and a comment had been made about having to put more money into the deal in order to get a "new floorplan agreement" done.
I heard about a similar situation with a reinstated Chrysler dealer but I was never able to pin down the facts. The story was essentially the same as the GM dealer you mentioned - approved by the factory but cut-off by the flooring source.

Concerning GMAC, I'd love to know how much money they have available to lend. When I was reading about GM's purchase of AmeriCredit there was the suggestion that GM needed their own captive because GMAC wasn't able to fully support GM's leasing goals.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #51
ChevyManVt

Default Valley Motor Sales Chevrolet

Valley Motor Sales Chevrolet Bethel,VT has lost arbitration and will cease GM operations effective 08/01/10. We have until 08/17/10 to post all warranty claims. We have sold all new car/truck inventory. We were the only dealer in a 35 mile radius, makes sense .
ChevyManVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #52
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyManVt View Post
Valley Motor Sales Chevrolet Bethel,VT has lost arbitration and will cease GM operations effective 08/01/10. We have until 08/17/10 to post all warranty claims. We have sold all new car/truck inventory. We were the only dealer in a 35 mile radius, makes sense .
Sorry that your first post had to relay such horrible news....

What are your plans for the near future?
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #53
Txflyer

Quote:
Hate to hear the bad news, I really feel for you. We wound down our Chevy operation last fall. Thought about trying arbitration but didn't want to throw any more money away that we might not get back. We were the only GM dealer within 35 miles in any direction (45+ in all but one). Just can't seem to find the logic either.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #54
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Wow, sorry to hear the bad news.

Your post is a sobering reminder to me that GM has blood on their hands too. I have dozens of posts on the forum chastising Chrysler for not following GM's lead by reinstating their dealers. As your case demonstrates, it's clear that GM didn't reinstate all the dealers who wanted their store back.

I wish you the best going forward. Hopefully you'll be able to find another franchise and keep your dealership operational.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #55
ohiobuckeyes

Auto news is reporting the GM has won 63% of their Arbitration cases. The Dealer Network will be 4500 locations (about 3100 Chevrolet, 2100 Buick, 1750 GMC Truck, 925 Cadillac) Which if you do the math = 7875 locations. I do understand some are dual with each other, but can't Ed do that math? {GM Sent letter to 2064 locations in May of 2009}

Also 1,000 locations will be getting major make overs this year.

Glad to be one of the 1549 locations that are no long GM dealership.

GM won 39 Arbitration Cases
GM Lost 23 Arbitration Cases

Most of the 408 resolutions involve dealer terminations

Last edited by ohiobuckeyes; 08-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #56
XDCX
Administrator

ohio - Thanks for the update.

When I get caught up later this morning I'll update the first post in this thread so the title reflects GM's final results.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #57
XDCX
Administrator

Default Arbitration Results - General Motors 39, Dealers 23 - Final Results

A report in the Detroit Free Press indicates GM will end up with approximately 4,500 dealers on November 1, 2010 after the "wind-downs" are completed. The dealer count will be about 400 dealers higher than the number GM originally planned for as part of their bankruptcy. For the complete report - click here

Concerning their Arbitration Results, GM reported they won 39 cases and the dealers won 23 cases.

Of greater importance, GM reported they offered to reinstate 702 of the 1,176 dealers who filed arbitration. Even more impressive, the vast majority of dealers issued a GM LOI will resume operations - a stark contrast to the plight of the Chrysler dealers.

As before, I extend my congratulations and gratitude to the CRDR for their efforts. Because of their hard work 741 GM dealers have received a second life.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #58
crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Of greater importance, GM reported they offered to reinstate 702 of the 1,176 dealers who filed arbitration. Even more impressive, the vast majority of dealers issued a GM LOI will resume operations - a stark contrast to the plight of the Chrysler dealers.
One was smart enough to realize & correct their mistakes.
The other was too arrogant to understand the dealers are the only customers they really have.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote