Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Limited posting this week for XDCX

Just a quick FYI to let everyone know that I will be away from my computer for most of the day for the rest of this week.

Nothing major, just trying to be a good son and help accommodate my parents as they move from Seattle to Sun City West, AZ.

I know the forum has been quiet for the past week or so and I have not done a good job keeping the site updated. I think I've been a little worn out battling with our troll from overseas who keeps creating bogus accounts.

As always, thanks to our loyal members who keep the forum going. Everything should be back to normal next week.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Weird. I'm going to Sun City West, AZ for Thanksgiving. It looks like the desert out there according to Google Maps.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
jdemonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Just a quick FYI to let everyone know that I will be away from my computer for most of the day for the rest of this week.

Nothing major, just trying to be a good son and help accommodate my parents as they move from Seattle to Sun City West, AZ.

I know the forum has been quiet for the past week or so and I have not done a good job keeping the site updated. I think I've been a little worn out battling with our troll from overseas who keeps creating bogus accounts.

As always, thanks to our loyal members who keep the forum going. Everything should be back to normal next week.
We will have to go out for a beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Weird. I'm going to Sun City West, AZ for Thanksgiving. It looks like the desert out there according to Google Maps.
Yes.....all desert..Bring a card, you can get into the Phoenix auto show for free with 3 guest BTW on Thanks Giving Day. We head down at 9am and then get home about 11:30am

Jason
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
possum

Arizona is a great place. I spent a lot of time in Tucson, and have stayed in Scottsdale on several occasions. It was always great.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Auto show? Sweet! I'll be there.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Default Well, I've made it to Ontario, CA so far.....

I'm making a quick stop at Starbucks so I can log on to the forum and see if everything's still working. (I've had to ban/delete over 100 fake accounts in the last two weeks due to a troll from overseas. )

Thanks to the members who have been keeping the forum updated in my absence - I'll catch up on the new posts and threads this weekend.

Concerning my journey, I've made it to Ontario, CA so far - that's about 75% of the way there. The rest of the trip should be pretty easy since there are no worries about weather and I can ditch the winter clothing for a pair of shorts and a T-shirt while I drive.

I'm thinking about making a quick detour to check out that Salton Sea. It's a huge man-made lake in Southern CA that has turned in to a ghost town for a variety of reasons - mostly due to water quality issues.

I've read that the salinity of the lake is higher than the Pacific ocean and the stench of dead fish often fills the air - sounds like a fun way to spend part of my afternoon.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Red face I guess I'll get caught up tomorrow....

Well, it's a little after 11:00 p.m. and I'm finally getting a chance to get caught up.

I'll read through the rest of the treads tomorrow morning and add some new content.

Thanks again to those members who kept the forum updated.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #8
F&I Pro

Welcome back Xman
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Field Trip Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I'm thinking about making a quick detour to check out that Salton Sea. It's a huge man-made lake in Southern CA that has turned in to a ghost town for a variety of reasons - mostly due to water quality issues.

I've read that the salinity of the lake is higher than the Pacific ocean and the stench of dead fish often fills the air - sounds like a fun way to spend part of my afternoon.
I thought I'd share my "Field Trip Pictures" of the Salton Sea with the Forum.

Just like I'd heard, the place was a ghost town and there were THOUSANDS of dead fish rotting in the sun. There was not a single boat out on the lake - amazing when you think that there are several million people who live within a 90 minute drive to the lake.

Here's a picture of the Boat Launch Area - the water level is low and the dock needs some repairs:

Here are some of the dead fish - Imagine over 200 miles of shoreline with rotting fish....

Finally, here's a picture of some lakefront property

Old 12-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Why wouldn't anyone want to visit?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Why wouldn't anyone want to visit?
I've taken my SeaDoo to countless lakes on the West Coast and this is the first one I've seen that I wouldn't ride. It was like a scene out of the "Twilight Zone" or something. (The fact that I don't current own a SeaDoo or any other PWC also contributed to the fact I didn't go out....)

BTW - How was your trip to Sun City West? Did you notice that you could pretty much go anywhere and be 60+ years younger than the average person?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I almost got run over by a golf cart on a city street. The guy gave me the stink eye like I was the one in the wrong. That's when I knew this wasn't the place for me.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I almost got run over by a golf cart on a city street. The guy gave me the stink eye like I was the one in the wrong. That's when I knew this wasn't the place for me.
My parents love it there, so I'm happy for them but I agree with you.

I've never seen so many old people at one place. Dear lord I think I drove by a single point Buick store the other day. I didn't even think they had single point Buick stores anymore.