Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
JoeRocket

Default GM Parts Managers

Tell me about RIM? Word on the street is that GM is dropping several numbers and aren't qualifying the parts for return.

Tell me that's wrong.....please.

If it isn't wrong, I can't believe GM has a leg to stand on. After all, I remember when we went on RIM at the GM dealership I came from....the DM and the GM both signed a RIM agreement. Unless there's some overlooked clause, I thought that agreement was pretty comprehensive in it's protection of the dealership against part numbers dropped by RIM. Did the bankruptcy render those agreements null/void?
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Hey Rocket, sorry this thread hasn't received any responses but did you see the User Name of our newest member - GM Parts Guys

I approved their account this morning and I'll send them an email and ask if they have any input regarding this thread. (I verified the account is for a dealership, NOT GM Corporate.)

On a different note, what did RIM stand for? If you put the answer in the title of your next post there's a good chance Google will index the information and include this thread in their search results.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
JoeRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Hey Rocket, sorry this thread hasn't received any responses but did you see the User Name of our newest member - GM Parts Guys

I approved their account this morning and I'll send them an email and ask if they have any input regarding this thread. (I verified the account is for a dealership, NOT GM Corporate.)

On a different note, what did RIM stand for? If you put the answer in the title of your next post there's a good chance Google will index the information and include this thread in their search results.
RIM stands for "Retail Inventory Management" (Chrysler's version is "ARO").
Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Changes to GM's Retail Inventory Management program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRocket View Post
RIM stands for "Retail Inventory Management" (Chrysler's version is "ARO").
Thanks for the information.

I received an email from our new member, GM Parts Guys, and he indicated he'll look into the RIM situation and see if he can find an answer.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
JoeRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Thanks for the information.

I received an email from our new member, GM Parts Guys, and he indicated he'll look into the RIM situation and see if he can find an answer.
If my source is correct, then I'm definitely going to start developing a strategy for my store. If GM will do it, Chrysler will too.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
tnpartsguy

I've always called it "Remote Inventory Meddling".

Most of the parts that are currently being removed are items that GM is having a shortage of, because of the earthquake in Japan, now compounded by the flooding all across the US. I keep all parts that GM/RIM takes control of and put them in a stocking group of their own. After they get 18 MNS, I send my list to a RIM agent and ask why they havn't been called by for return. About 1/2 of them end up on my next RIM return, the other 1/2 they mumble some excuse about and walk away.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote