Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Other > Sales

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Suzuki gets a new Pick-up Truck

I was watching TV this evening and saw a quick story that spoke about Suzuki's new Pick-up.

The truck will be based on the Nissan Frontier and will be marketed in the U.S.

It will arrive later this year.

If pricing is reasonable this should be a nice addition for the Suzuki dealers. With gas headed toward $4/gallon I imagine that the value of a Suzuki dealership has increased.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Let's hope it does better than the Mitsubishi Raider

Right after I posted this thread I started thinking about the Mitsubishi Raider.

At one time, Mitsubishi had a really good little pick-up - their version of a Ram 50. When the Ram 50 was discontinued the Mitsubishi dealers lost their pick-up.

After much discussion and years of waiting they got a version of the Dodge Dakota - the Mitsubishi Raider. The styling was poor and it was a sales disaster. (The sales were so bad that the truck has been dropped from the line-up)

Let's hope that Suzuki has better luck with the Nissan Frontier.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

After seeing the Suzuki Equator truck at the Denver Auto Show, it has got to be one of the ugliest trucks out there. It's so ugly, it's hard to even put into words. I think this design will have an effect on the sales of the Frontier, in a very negative manner.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
After seeing the Suzuki Equator truck at the Denver Auto Show, it has got to be one of the ugliest trucks out there. It's so ugly, it's hard to even put into words. I think this design will have an effect on the sales of the Frontier, in a very negative manner.
Wow, that must be one ugly truck to elicit such a reaction.

Maybe the Suzuki Equator is the next Mitsubishi Raider - a failed effort to re-brand and re-style a mid-sized truck.

I guess the only reason the truck caught my attention was because I thought it may add some value to a Suzuki Franchise. Based on your assessment, I have my doubts.