Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #31
Needhelp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Who needs Google News when you've got Needhelp reporting the news.

It's confirmed, Century Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Wentzville, MO won their arbitration case against Chrysler.

And you read about it first at DealershipForum - thanks to Needhelp.
XDCX - That made me laugh
Needhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #32
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needhelp View Post
XDCX - That made me laugh
That's good - we all need a little humor in our day.

And I genuinely appreciate your information. I just checked Google News and there's still no mention of the latest reinstatement. Thanks to you we have the scoop and I think that's pretty cool.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #33
LJS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Who needs Google News when you've got Needhelp reporting the news.

It's confirmed, Century Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Wentzville, MO won their arbitration case against Chrysler.

And you read about it first at DealershipForum - thanks to Needhelp.
These guys are only 45 minutes from me. They really did get the shaft when they got kicked out. They had just spent like $2 million on the facility, they were full line, and they did a hell of a good business. Trouble was, Chrysler let one of the largest dealer groups in St.Louis build a brand new CDJ store less than five miles from them two years prior, and I think Chrysler wanted to keep them instead. I know the family that owned that store personally. It will be interesting to hear what hoops they are going to have to jump through.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #34
FixedOpsGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
That's good - we all need a little humor in our day.

And I genuinely appreciate your information. I just checked Google News and there's still no mention of the latest reinstatement. Thanks to you we have the scoop and I think that's pretty cool.
HERE IS A COUPLE LINKS TO THE REINSTATEMENT INFO:


http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/bus...7?OpenDocument

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/St-Lo...-95081539.html
FixedOpsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #35
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzway View Post
HERE IS A COUPLE LINKS TO THE REINSTATEMENT INFO:
Thanks for the links - I just had a chance to check them out.

Based on the TV report it was clear the dealer had a very nice facility - hopefully Chrysler's LOI will be reasonable and they'll be able to restart their business.

Based on the newspaper report, they have Chrysler with 15 victories. I wonder if they've miscounted or if they have information that hasn't been widely reported yet? (I still show Chrysler with 12 victories)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #36
79LilRedExpress
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Thanks for the links - I just had a chance to check them out.


[/I]
I wonder if the TV report used "File Footage".
All of the signage is still on the bldg.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #37
LJS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
I wonder if the TV report used "File Footage".
All of the signage is still on the bldg.
Nope, I go by there every Tuesday, and the signs are indeed still up. I had actually complained to my DM about it as I don't think it helps our cause in the public's eye to have empty dealerships with the signs still up.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #38
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS View Post
Nope, I go by there every Tuesday, and the signs are indeed still up. I had actually complained to my DM about it as I don't think it helps our cause in the public's eye to have empty dealerships with the signs still up.
Wow, I would have lost money on that bet. In fact, I was just going to create a post agreeing with 79LilRedExpress that the video must have been file footage.

I can't think of a single OLDCO dealer on the West Coast that still has their brand signs.

Concerning your comment about the publics impression, I totally agree.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #39
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default Current results - Chrysler 18, Dealers 4

I updated the first post in this thread with the latest information.

The current arbitration results show Chrysler with 18 victories and the dealers with 4.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 AM   #40
dodgequality
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 337
Default

Comment to me by an attorney handling several arbitartion cases, " It is apparent now that most of the winners are losers. The LOI's are brutal. And Chrysler's comment after each decision makes it very apparent that the restored dealer is not welcome".
dodgequality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #41
LJS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 291
Default

I need to get a hold of the guys at Century Motors and see what they have to say. I noticed yesterday the for sale sign is down that was in front of their store.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #42
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgequality View Post
Comment to me by an attorney handling several arbitartion cases, " It is apparent now that most of the winners are losers. The LOI's are brutal. And Chrysler's comment after each decision makes it very apparent that the restored dealer is not welcome".
I haven't heard anything about the LOIs for the winning dealers but I was hoping Chrysler would do the right thing. (That hasn't worked out so well for the past year or so....)

I saw a copy of the LOI Chrysler issued in hopes of settling cases and agree that the terms and conditions were brutal. It will be interesting to see how many of the "winning" dealers end up re-opening their dealership.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #43
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS View Post
I need to get a hold of the guys at Century Motors and see what they have to say. I noticed yesterday the for sale sign is down that was in front of their store.
It's interesting they took the For Sale sign down - hopefully that's an indication they plan to go forward a re-open their dealership.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #44
G8Girl
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 33
Default GM data posted in Chrysler thread - New GM thread created

Another GM dealer wins reinstatement! Boyles Motors of Maryville, Missouri won their arbitration vs. General Motors.

Boyles Motors to be reinstated
Arbitration efforts with GM prove successful

http://www.newspressnow.com/news/201...be-reinstated/
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #45
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8Girl View Post
Another GM dealer wins reinstatement! Boyles Motors of Maryville, Missouri won their arbitration vs. General Motors.

Boyles Motors to be reinstated
Arbitration efforts with GM prove successful

http://www.newspressnow.com/news/201...be-reinstated/
That's great - it's always nice to hear about another dealer victory.

I've been wanting to start a thread tracking GM's arbitration results. I'll work on that this morning and then move your post to that thread.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arbitration Results - General Motors 39, Dealers 23 XDCX Sales 57 08-10-2010 05:50 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright DealershipForum.com - 2008 - 2016