Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #181
possum

Dealers must be getting tired, and tired of the fight. Recent news has Chrysler now suing their own Dealers to force the LOI situation. Now, they are saying State law trumps Fed law, which is opposite their previous position. Anyway, the point is, there has not even been a mention of that action here. Again, I think everybody is getting beat down, and just doesn't have the same energy.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #182
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Dealers must be getting tired, and tired of the fight. Recent news has Chrysler now suing their own Dealers to force the LOI situation. Now, they are saying State law trumps Fed law, which is opposite their previous position. Anyway, the point is, there has not even been a mention of that action here. Again, I think everybody is getting beat down, and just doesn't have the same energy.
I totally agree.

Fatigue has set in and I think more and more of the OLDCO dealers feel the prospects for receiving any real form of justice are thin.

I was going to start a thread called "SIGTARP - the untold story" and detail all the questionable actions Chrysler took when they selected the 789 rejected dealers. I concluded there's very little for me to post that I haven't already posted so I let the project slip to the back burner.

To be clear, I remain committed to the OLDCO dealers and I welcome anyones efforts to further their cause. I'm just agreeing with your point that it seems odd that Chrysler can sue seven of their dealers and it's not even mentioned here.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #183
Jeff Duvall

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I totally agree.

" Fatigue has set in and I think more and more of the OLDCO dealers feel the prospects for receiving any real form of justice are thin."
I'm not sure that it's fatigue, I think it's more of a feeling of disbelief and abandondment that there own country and it's judicial system has failed.

It makes me think of "trail of tears" the story of the Cherokee Indians and how they were drove from there settlement in the east and marched to Oklahoma over the winter.... The majority either starved or froze to death along the way.

Last edited by XDCX; 08-03-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag to make post easier to read/follow
Jeff Duvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #184
Hope and Grace

Smile

We are right in the middle of the law suit, and are not tired and have not given up! These Chrysler boys are un F@@@@@In believable! It's the nightmare that just won't end, but we keep fighting on. Right and goodness will prevail!
Hope and Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #185
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANACAM View Post
We are right in the middle of the law suit, and are not tired and have not given up! These Chrysler boys are un F@@@@@In believable! It's the nightmare that just won't end, but we keep fighting on. Right and goodness will prevail!
I'm happy to hear you're prepared to keep waging battle and you're not fatigued.

This whole mess has been a nightmare that's never made sense from the beginning. If you were a GM dealer and you won your arbitration case you'd be busy ordering cars and hiring employees. But as a winning Chrysler dealer you're faced with more legal maneuvering from your OEM - it just doesn't make sense.

Added to the irony is the fact the Chrysler continues to lose dealers to the poor economy and Marchionne's "hibernation" strategy. You'd think Chrysler would be happy to add dealers to the network that want to get back in business and sell cars.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #186
steve_biegler

I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid that Chrysler will never wake up. The fact that they may look out of the dealer family for dealers to handle the 500 should speak volumes. Thats the car that they said would save the company. I just don't think they realize that the DEALERS are their customers.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #187
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Added Causeway Jeep to the Winning Dealers List

I've updated the first post of this thread by adding Causeway Jeep of Manahawkin, NJ to the Winning Dealers list. (29 of the 32 winning dealers are listed.)

Ironically, the only way I learned of Causeway's arbitration victory was to read about their lawsuit against Chrysler over the terms of their LOI. Causeway Jeep is one of three "winning" dealers suing Chrysler over their reinstatement terms.

The final Arbitration Results stand at: Chrysler 76, Dealers 32