Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default DealershipForum.com's First Introduction...

I guess it shouldn't be a total surprise that I'm the first one who gets to post an introduction on the DealershipForum.com website. Afterall, I run the site and I'm the guy that just turned on the "switch" in the early morning hours of 01-01-08.

As a brief introduction, I live in a somewhat remote area of Western Washington and I spent 18 years working for Chrysler before I left the company two years ago. (Now you know why my screen name is XDCX)

This website has been a dream of mine for years. As a Factory Employee I saw first hand how difficult it was for Dealers to do business with the Manufacturer. The programs are confusing, the rules are subject to interpretation and once you get everything figured out they drop the program and come out with something new.

As a Dealership Employee I saw first hand that the Banks, Credit Unions, Vendors and Regulators can be just as difficult to do business with.

I knew that there had to be a better way of exchanging information and ideas. I concluded that an Internet based Forum would be the perfect tool to bring a community of Car People together - that's the vision for DealershipForum.com.

The Car Business is changing and it's changing fast. While I think most would agree that it's probably not changing for the better, there's nothing that can be done to stop the wave of consolidation.

In closing, my favorite motto and the purpose for this website:

"Change is inevitable, suffering is optional."

Thanks for checking out DealershipForum.com and I look forward to reading the introductions of other members that join our community of Car People.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote