Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Other > Sales

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
rd3311

Default New Subaru dealer in Orlando

11914527. Boyland Auto Center, LLC, d/b/a Subaru of South Orlando for the line-make SUBA

DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES
Division of Motor Vehicles
Boyland Auto Center, LLC, d/b/a Subaru of South Orlando for the line-make SUBA
Notice of Publication for a New Point
Franchise Motor Vehicle Dealer in a County of More
than 300,000 Population
Pursuant to Section 320.642, Florida Statutes, notice is given that Subaru of America, Inc., intends to allow the establishment of Boyland Auto Center, LLC, d/b/a Subaru of South Orlando as a dealership for the sale of Subaru vehicles manufactured by Subaru (line-make SUBA) at 9951 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando (Orange County), Florida 32837, on or after September 24, 2012.
The name and address of the dealer operator(s) and principal investor(s) of Boyland Auto Center, LLC, d/b/a Subaru of South Orlando are dealer operator(s): Dorian Boyland, 4301 Millenia Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32839; principal investor(s): Dorian Boyland, 4301 Millenia Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32839.
The notice indicates intent to establish the new point location in a county of more than 300,000 population, according to the latest population estimates of the University of Florida, Bureau of Economic and Business Research.
Certain dealerships of the same line-make may have standing, pursuant to Section 320.642, Florida Statutes, to file a petition or complaint protesting the application.
Written petitions or complaints must be received by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles within 30 days of the date of publication of this notice and must be submitted to: Nalini Vinayak, Administrator, Dealer License Section, Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Room A-312, MS #65, Neil Kirkman Building, 2900 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0635.
A copy of such petition or complaint must also be sent by U.S. Mail to: Ron May, Subaru of America, Inc., 7380 Sand Lake Road, Suite 500, Orlando, Florida 32819.
If no petitions or complaints are received within 30 days of the date of publication, a final order will be issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles approving the establishment of the dealership, subject to the applicant’s compliance with the provisions of Chapter 320, Florida Statutes.
rd3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #2
rd3311

Default New Orlando residence

No Thumbnail

No Thumbnail
Google Maps Birds Eye Yahoo Maps
By: Champion3 @ 2009-09-14 12:06:53 map #77695
Description: Dorian Boyland is a former professional baseball player who played first base for the Pittsburgh Pirates. He has since been successful in the auto business as president of Mercedes-Benz of South Orlando, one of the best performing Mercedes dealerships in the southeast, and the owner of Boyland Automotive Group, which owns several dealerships.
rd3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
79LilRedExpress

Doe Boyland didn't do very well in the Majors... less than twenty at bats and I think it was only 2 hits while at Pittsburgh.

I'm glad he is doing well in the car business
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

rd3311 - Thanks for creating the thread.

Based on what you've posted I'm guessing this is the filing the State of Florida places on record so dealers can file an objection if an OEM intends to open a new franchise that impedes on the existing dealer's market.

In this case, Subaru and Dorian Boyland are planning to open a new dealership in Orlando, FL.

Subaru has definitely experienced a lot of growth over the past few years and it's interesting to see that they're expanding their dealer network by opening new locations.

I wonder if the existing Subaru dealers have the same allocation constraints the Hyundai and KIA dealers do and whether they have some resentment toward their OEM for opening new stores when they can't supply the ones they already have?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
Doe Boyland didn't do very well in the Majors... less than twenty at bats and I think it was only 2 hits while at Pittsburgh.

I'm glad he is doing well in the car business
As I've mentioned in other threads, I remember calling on Dorian's Dodge store in Gresham, OR when he was just getting started with Chrysler's MID program.

Dorian's a great guy who has worked hard and deserves all of his success.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
As I've mentioned in other threads, I remember calling on Dorian's Dodge store in Gresham, OR when he was just getting started with Chrysler's MID program.

Dorian's a great guy who has worked hard and deserves all of his success.
I wasn't putting him down at all... Living in Pittsburgh at the time, I followed the Pirates very closely and always felt bad for Dorian. He was drafted as a
1st baseman and Willie "Pops" Stargell had that position locked up. Then he was traded to San Fran and never heard of after that. I felt he really never got to show his talent. Sorry if my earlier post sounded negitive.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
mryan55

Boyland also owned a failed Nissan dealership in Macomb, Michigan that we have featured before!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Boyland also owned a failed Nissan dealership in Macomb, Michigan that we have featured before!
That's true.

Did Dorian sell that Nissan store before it closed or was he still the owner when it closed down? I know he was looking for a buyer but I couldn't remember whether he did a buy/sell or not.