Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Changes to the Ebay Website for Selling Cars

As many of you may have noticed, Ebay is in the process of launching a new "look" for their Ebay Motors website.

What surprised me the most is that they've added an option to remove "Dealer Listings" from a vehicle search. I know from personal experience that when Craigslist made that change, the effectiveness of that site dropped significantly for a Dealership's Internet Department.

Are there many Dealerships here that sell on Ebay? Are you concerned about the changes that allow your listings to be excluded from a user's search?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Dealers can no longer leave Negative Feedback for Buyers?

I've heard that Ebay has made several "enhancements" to their site that have angered some of their best customers - car dealers.

I was aware that they now allow their customers to "screen-out" dealer listings but I just heard from a friend that they no longer allow dealers to leave negative feedback for their customers. Apparently, if you're a dealer on Ebay you can only leave good feedback for your customers?

I wonder if this is correct? If it is correct, what would prevent a customer from scamming several different dealers? There would never be any feedback to protect the next dealer from a dishonest customer.

Hopefully we can find a dealer that sells on Ebay and set the record straight.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
CadillaCricket

Another example of a company (or the government) giving the consumer just enough rope to hang themselves with....
CadillaCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillaCricket View Post
Another example of a company (or the government) giving the consumer just enough rope to hang themselves with....
Yeah, I'm really surprised that Ebay would be making changes that anger their core customers. Given the amount that most dealers spend on advertising, you would think that Ebay would be going out of their way to keep dealers happy and try to attract more listings.

Newspaper advertising seems to be fading away and Ebay has a chance to gain revenue at their expense. Instead of enhancing the site to add value for car dealers, they've added features which increase the chances that the consumer will "screen-out" dealership listings.