Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Midwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Chrysler sign going back up at Zimmer Motors

In a rare piece of good news for the Chrysler dealers who won their arbitration case, a newspaper report indicates that Zimmer Motors is having their Chrysler Brand Sign reinstalled this morning. For the full report - click here

The report indicates the dealership is open for business, they can provide warranty service for their customers and a shipment of new vehicles is on the way.

Congratulations to the team at Zimmer Motors - you are one of just a handful of dealers who were able to navigate through Chrysler's maze and have your dealership reinstated.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
steve_biegler

Great job Zimmer!!!!!! Very nice looking building. It would be nice to get them on the forum and tell their story. I think it would be interesting, not to mention how they will be treated from now forward.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Great job Zimmer!!!!!! Very nice looking building. It would be nice to get them on the forum and tell their story. I think it would be interesting, not to mention how they will be treated from now forward.
I've received a Private Message from one of the owners in the past but I don't think she's ever posted anything on the forum. I'll send her a PM and let her know about this thread and the other one that exists in AREA 51.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
CAZ1086

Yes, its true our Chrysler signs went back up today and we have already sold a handful of units. The bulk of our inventory won't be here until December and we should be on the parts ARO system by next week. So things are moving forward.

The past 18 months have been professionally and personally gut wrenching. We are grateful to our staff and the community we serve for all the support we've received while we were on this journey. It’s not been easy and it’s no where near over yet.

Once we move past all the activity of the re-launch I had planned to sit and write the story down for our family archives. Yes the expense was staggering and the stress at times unbearable but we are a 3rd generation automotive family. We felt we had to stand and up fight, not only for ourselves and our employees but for all small business owners.

In the spring we will be adding the Dodge and Ram brands finalizing our strategic plan of being an Alpha store. To all those who lost either a GM or Chrysler franchise, our hearts are heavy , as we truly know your pain.
CAZ1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
57years

Cathy and John great news. John was very gracious at the KADA meeting this week. You both have my heartfelt congrats! From your disenfranchised neighbor!!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAZ1086 View Post
Yes, its true our Chrysler signs went back up today and we have already sold a handful of units. The bulk of our inventory won't be here until December and we should be on the parts ARO system by next week. So things are moving forward.

The past 18 months have been professionally and personally gut wrenching. We are grateful to our staff and the community we serve for all the support we've received while we were on this journey. It’s not been easy and it’s no where near over yet.

Once we move past all the activity of the re-launch I had planned to sit and write the story down for our family archives. Yes the expense was staggering and the stress at times unbearable but we are a 3rd generation automotive family. We felt we had to stand and up fight, not only for ourselves and our employees but for all small business owners.

In the spring we will be adding the Dodge and Ram brands finalizing our strategic plan of being an Alpha store. To all those who lost either a GM or Chrysler franchise, our hearts are heavy , as we truly know your pain.
Wow, that's great news. I'm really happy for you, your family and your employees.

News of your reinstatement was a surprise to me - I got the impression Chrysler was fighting all of the "winners" by filing lawsuits claiming state franchise laws trumped the arbitration rulings.

I also think it's cool you have compassion for the rejected GM and Chrysler dealers who will never be able to reopen their businesses. You know firsthand the struggles and heartache they've endured.

Thanks for the update and I wish you the best of luck going forward.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
Cathy and John great news. John was very gracious at the KADA meeting this week. You both have my heartfelt congrats! From your disenfranchised neighbor!!
Very cool post - good Karma for you.

It's hard for some people to be happy for others when the circumstances they face are so unfair. In my opinion it speaks highly of your character that you can be happy for your fellow dealer in light of all you've been through.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Default Follow-up news report

Here's another news report that covered Zimmer's reopening and discusses their plans to add the Dodge and Ram franchises - click here

I read the nice comments from the former employees and customers and wonder why this dealership was ever targeted to be terminated? It's too bad more of the rejected dealers haven't had a chance to restart their businesses.