Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Midwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Epps Nissan in Middlesboro, KY closes - customers complain about loan payoffs

A news report indicates that Epp Nissan in Middlesboro, KY has closed abruptly and left some customers with unpaid loan payoffs on vehicles that were traded to the dealership. For a link to the full report - click here

With the auto industry rebounding for the past few years and the relative strength of a Nissan dealership I'm surprised to read about the closure of Epp Nissan. I wonder if there's more to the story?

Wouldn't a Nissan franchise in Middlesboro, KY attract enough interest that a struggling dealer would be able to structure a buy/sell instead of closing the store down? I wonder who the flooring source was and whether they pressured the dealer to close before more losses mounted?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote