Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 01-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
79LilRedExpress

Unhappy goodbye to an old friend RIP

I am sorry to share that, "OLD JEEP" a good friend of the Forum and a personal friend of mine passed away yesterday after a long hard fought battle with cancer. He will be dearly missed. <<RIP>>
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
57years

Thank You for letting us know. I found his comments well thought out. I wondered where he was.

In heaven!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
steve_biegler

So sorry to hear. Less and less of us around. Makes me sad.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Wow, that is sad news.

I remember Old Jeep was heavily involved in helping his fellow 789 OLDCO Dealers and as I recall he had his own website with resources dedicated to helping the OLDCO dealers.

I wonder how many of the 789 will sadly just die off before they ever see any form of justice for what was taken away from them?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:16 AM   #5
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Wow, that is sad news.

I remember Old Jeep was heavily involved in helping his fellow 789 OLDCO Dealers and as I recall he had his own website with resources dedicated to helping the OLDCO dealers.

I wonder how many of the 789 will sadly just die off before they ever see any form of justice for what was taken away from them?
Great to see you back.

To answer your question, I doubt any justice will ever come about. Shortly it will be a decade since that fateful day. Most have forgotten about it unless you were directly effected. I have heard that there have been a few depositions of some involved, no details and I understand that, but this has just moved to slow.

Last edited by steve_biegler; 01-24-2018 at 06:17 AM.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Great to see you back.

To answer your question, I doubt any justice will ever come about. Shortly it will be a decade since that fateful day. Most have forgotten about it unless you were directly effected. I have heard that there have been a few depositions of some involved, no details and I understand that, but this has just moved to slow.
Thanks for the update.

I agree that the legal process for the OLDCO Dealers has moved too slow - it brings to mind the old adage "Justice delayed is justice denied."

While I never met Old Jeep I got the impression he was a hard working entrepreneur who garnered a large portion of his identity from his business. I'm guessing that he didn't just own a Jeep Dealership, it largely defined who he was and when it was taken away because Chrysler failed as a company and had to go bankrupt it must have been difficult to comprehend.

Concerning the short attention spans of the American consumer, I wonder if that's unique to our Western culture or whether other societies throughout the world have the same trait?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
possum

Wow, another gone. The old ones are slowly going away, still with no justice coming.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:20 AM   #8
The StraightShooter

His jeep store was the oldest franchise in the country. Bo was a stand up guy
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote