Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #46
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Concerning a repeal of Obamacare and new domestic oil production, I wouldn't hold your breath.
While I'm no expert, I think the recent ruling that it's Unconstitutional to force Americans to pay for their own health insurance will stall Obamacare long enough to let the public decide what they want in 2012.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #47
57years

I don't disagree the actions I have suggested will be hard to do by the Senate or by the consititutional executive. I have hope for the USA. At this point, reelection for the executive is not dependent upon the democrats (liberals wing) as they have nowhere else to go. A change of policy on oil or healthcare is a throw-away, he can do which will enhance his potential from the independent voter who is currently going to abandon his party. Frankly, I see no other option for his re-election, except the Repubicans choosing a weak candidate who will not appeal to the middle, and thus give them no where else to go! By the way, I have no suggestions of who the right person is--YET!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #48
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Part of me wonders if people fear a terrorist event over the weekend to coincide with the tenth anniversary of 9/11. If so, I'm betting Monday will be an up day with a "relief rally."
The Dow is down by about 60 points - so much for my "relief rally." Then again, the market hasn't closed yet - it may still go positive.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #49
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
The Dow is down by about 60 points - so much for my "relief rally." Then again, the market hasn't closed yet - it may still go positive.
The market closed up 68 points - too bad I didn't have any money on that call.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #50
XDCX
Administrator

Default Here we go again - Dow Jones is down 419 points as I type

The roller coaster ride continues and it seems the current sell-off was triggered by comments by the Federal Reserve signaling that the U.S. economy faces "significant downside risks" and the lingering concerns about the EU debt crisis.

Hell, it's not even October yet - that's supposed to be the month that historically has the biggest drop-offs.

The Dow Jones is down 419 as I type - it will be interesting to see where it settles at market close.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #51
John Schutz

Gambling are we/ I gamble every morning when I turn the key!
John Schutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #52
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schutz View Post
Gambling are we/ I gamble every morning when I turn the key!
I do enjoy following the stock market. Although I think the market is vulnerable to manipulation that favors the hedge funds and institutional traders I still believe there are opportunities for individual investors.

That said, almost 100% of my skepticism for CEOs and top management stems from losses I've incurred in the stock market. I've been burned by trusting that what a CEO said is reflective of what was actually happening at his company.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #53
Txflyer

Quote:
That said, almost 100% of my skepticism for CEOs and top management stems from losses I've incurred in the stock market. I've been burned by trusting that what a CEO said is reflective of what was actually happening at his company.
Jim Press anyone?
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #54
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Jim Press anyone?
Damn, that's "Quote of the Week" material and it's still only Sunday night.

On a side note, I've been meaning to add a post to the latest Jim Press thread. I noticed someone from Toyota's Corporate Office in Southern California was reading it last week and I thought I should clarify that at one point I was 100% behind Jim Press.

If it sounds like the members here are angry with Press it's not because he started with that reputation - he EARNED the reputation he has with CJDR dealers.