Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
atikovi

Default Anybody here have Michigan SVA card?

Want to buy a car from a Michigan salvage auction Monday but I see MI requires you to have some SVA card which I have no time to get. What is so special about Michigan that they require out of state dealers to get special papers such that their home state license isn't good enough?

Also, are there forums like this that pertain to the salvage industry like junk yards and salvage auctions?
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I know that Copart has a list of brokers that are available to facilitate a transaction in the event the potential buyer does not have the necessary licenses. Here's a broker from Copart's list that based out of Michigan - click here It looks like the fee is $200.

I guessing that even if the car you're interested in is being sold by an auction other than Copart the broker will be registered to bid/buy at that auction as well.

If the broker I included in the link above doesn't work you might want to check out the rest of the brokers on Copart's list - there must be about 30 of them.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
atikovi

It bid to $1900 which was more than I wanted to pay anyway and it still didn't sell. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...21&RowNumber=0 Plus the fees and $400 in gas just to get it back, not worth it. I just wanted the seats and interior trim, maybe the wheels. Similar one coming up much closer but with no sale date.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote