Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #31
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Yeah. Nice win for the Huskies. Nice to see those damn Trojans lose too.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #32
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Congrats on the "W"... spank'n Cal is a nice close. Hopefully you don't lose Locker... terrific stats tonight for sure!!!
CL - thanks for the post. It was a great game and a great way to end the season.

Hopefully Locker will come back next year - it would be the smart thing to do. He didn't have a great year this year and many people feel an extra year of development will make him more valuable in the NFL. Time will tell.

The Huskies finished #7 in the Pac-10 with a 4 - 5 Conference Record and 5 - 7 overall. I'm already looking forward to next year.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #33
possum

XDCX, did I hear on the news this morning that the Washington QB is going back for his senior year? I understand he was in the top 5 for the NFL draft, and Mel Kiper has him #1.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
XDCX, did I hear on the news this morning that the Washington QB is going back for his senior year? I understand he was in the top 5 for the NFL draft, and Mel Kiper has him #1.
Yeah, I saw that last night. Definitely the right decision for Locker and GREAT news for the Husky Football Program.

Thanks for the post - I'm already looking forward to next year.....
Old 12-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #35
possum

I don't think its best for him. He is leaving millions out there. This is the last year of no draft cap. Plus, look at Sam Bradford, went back to OU, got hurt. One injury could wipe it all out.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #36
CL Pgh

Quote:
I don't think its best for him.
I agree! Not so much on the injury side because these “draft-able” kids buy insurance policies that protect them from loss of income due to injuries… but because of the looming 2011 work stoppage. I know the work stoppage isn’t a sure thing… but the current CBA ends early March 2011… the NFL draft lands late April. Seems to me you wouldn’t want to be negotiating with a team immediately after these “owner vs. player” negotiations… and that’s assuming the contracts are even finalized by the time the draft comes around… which really isn’t likely.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #37
possum

And, there is nothing he can do to move up in the rankings. He can only go down from here. Take the money, then go back anytime for the degree. Example: Emmitt Smith.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #38
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I don't think its best for him. He is leaving millions out there. This is the last year of no draft cap. Plus, look at Sam Bradford, went back to OU, got hurt. One injury could wipe it all out.
I'll concede that my personal bias may be clouding my opinion.

Like CL pointed out, Locker has an insurance policy against injury and he has a baseball contract he can fall-back on too.

Concerning his value, that's a wild-card. He really didn't have a very good season this year and it's reasonable to think he'll do much better next year since he'll have more experience with Sarkisian's offense.

As a final thought, I think that Locker's looking beyond the money. He really is a great young man and I think he's looking forward to playing a leadership role in returning the Washington Football Program back.