Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Toyota/Lexus > Sales

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Scion iQ set to arrive in early 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by s32741bb View Post
I have also heard that Toyota is really getting ready to push the Scion lineup with the new models that are coming out.
In response to this post I did a little digging and found out about the '11 Scion iQ:

The iQ is due to arrive in early 2011 and frankly I think it looks awesome. I'm also betting the Scion brand would be a lot easier to sell to the target demographic than a Fiat 500 unless there's a wide pricing gap.

For more details about the '11 Scion iQ - here's a link to an article written my Motor Trend - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Yeah, that's a sweet looking ride. It looks about the same size as that damn Smart car.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
possum

The Fiat 500 will need to come in way under price, to compete with this. This looks like what the Chrysler Dealers thought they were getting.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
This looks like what the Chrysler Dealers thought they were getting.
Exactly. You're thinking of the Dodge Hornet that was going to be built on a Nissan platform. It was one of the 10 new models that Jim Press promised the Chrysler dealers would be arriving in 2010.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
s32741bb

All Toyota Dealers get this iQ not the top 150/200. Chrysler/Fiat could really have a great think going if they would let every Dealer sell the 500 renamed Alfa 500 in the USA and go ahead and give us some of the new Alfa models getting ready to come out. The new Alfa models would help the bottom line of all dealers and not break the ones who are going to have to spend alot for seperate Fiat facilities. We all need the small/mid Euro type products to go heads up with all the other models from VW;Kia;Nissan;Toyota etc.If we do get some Fiat based small cars are we going to compete against the same thing that Fiat has to offer like the Avenger/Sebring models or Patriot/Compass?
s32741bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:58 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Yeah, that's a sweet looking ride. It looks about the same size as that damn Smart car.
I haven't had a chance to do a complete comparison but I think the Smart car is the smallest, followed by the Scion iQ, followed by the Fiat 500, followed by the Mini.

I also thought it was interesting that the Scion iQ will have 10 airbags in an effort to address customer concerns about the safety of a small car in a collision. I think one of the airbags is even designed to deploy if the vehicle is hit from the rear.

Concerning the looks of the iQ, it will be interesting to see what the production vehicles look like. I think the tire/wheel package and the low ride height on the iQ in the picture above really add to the vehicle - I wonder if that package will make it into production?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by s32741bb View Post
If we do get some Fiat based small cars are we going to compete against the same thing that Fiat has to offer like the Avenger/Sebring models or Patriot/Compass?
That's a great question - at this point I don't think anyone besides the top executives at Chrysler know the answer.

I think the answer will become clear when Chrysler invites the dealers who are interested in obtaining the Fiat franchise back to Auburn Hills later this summer. At that point it should become clear what the product plan and sales volume goals for the Fiat franchise are.

To be clear, I don't think Marchionne intends to use the Fiat franchise to duplicate the product offerings of the CJD franchise, but I do think he intends to use it to re-establish the Fiat and Alfa Romeo brands in the U.S. and that's one of his top priorities.