Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Service Contract Cancellations

I've read that some dealerships are experiencing an increased rate of Service Contract cancellations and chargebacks.

The theory is that an increase in repossessions and customers "scraping" for cash has caused the number of Service Contract cancellations to spike.

Is this just an isolated example or do you think that all dealerships are getting hit with increased Service Contract chargebacks?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
CL Pgh

Last months 50% Off mailer surely didn't help this situation. By chance our owners daughter got the new mailer that Press mentioned few weeks back. 35% Off & the Garmin this time.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Last months 50% Off mailer surely didn't help this situation. By chance our owners daughter got the new mailer that Press mentioned few weeks back. 35% Off & the Garmin this time.
I thought Press said he was going to kill the Service Contract mailing and come-up with a new plan that allowed the dealer's to participate in the profits? It was one of the first things he covered before he started one of his Conference Calls.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I thought Press said he was going to kill the Service Contract mailing and come-up with a new plan that allowed the dealer's to participate in the profits? It was one of the first things he covered before he started one of his Conference Calls.
Same conversation I'm referencing... just wasn't surprised it didn't tie in dealership. Isn't that sad... so use to get'n screw'd... we just expect & accept.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Isn't that sad... so use to get'n screw'd... we just expect & accept.
I was just thinking about that the other day. Sometimes being loyal to Chrysler is like being in an abusive relationship. Everyone else can see that we're getting screwed over but we just keep going back.

Press knows that Toyota would never pull a stunt like that on their dealers, but at Chrysler no one is really seems surprised. If Press really didn't know about round one, he HAS to know about round two - why is the Factory still trying to undercut their dealers?
Old 12-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I think every Chrysler loyalist here should worship BMW instead. Doesn't seem to be too many problem with dealer / factory relations with them.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I think every Chrysler loyalist here should worship BMW instead. Doesn't seem to be too many problem with dealer / factory relations with them.
That's an interesting thought.

My greatest hope before Bob Eaton came to Chrysler and screwed everything up was that Bob Lutz would succeed Lee Iacocca and Lutz would form a partnership with BMW.

Instead we got Eaton, Daimler and Cerberus. It's like reading a book where each chapter just keeps getting worse and worse.