Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
hart/xit

Default Get rid of every incumbent

Darrel Issa who is in charge of hearing today feels that Congress maybe overreacting to the situation with Toyota. I understand that Toyoto's are built in the US however lets not forget that the profits go back to Japan.
hart/xit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
CL Pgh

I’ve watched some of Toyota inquiries the past couple days and I have to say I’m surprised at the things I’m hearing. Like: Toyota USA can do NOTHING in regards to investigating their products or initiating a recall… all these decisions and investigations are controlled 100% in Japan. Today they’re talking about how Toyota’s vehicle “black box” has a proprietary system that allows no one to read what happened to the vehicle during a crash. NHSTA has to actually send the black box to Toyota Japan and then Japan gets back to NHSTA on what happened. Are you kidding me?! Ford, GM & Chrysler all have provided the necessary equipment to NHSTA so they can read their black boxes… but not Toyota!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Txflyer

Japan holds more US debt than any other foreign nation (yes, even more than China). Apparently they hold the NHSTA by the balls as well.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
hart/xit

Watch the interveiw Issa had on Good Morning America this morning. "Colbolt has had more complaints that Accord"
Colbolt has killed anyone MR. ISSA
hart/xit is offline   Reply With Quote