Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > East Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Which GM dealer was featured in American Chopper?

I just read where a GM Dealer, Monroe Motor Cars, filed suit against GM alleging that the manufacturer failed to meet its obligations in a termination agreement.

The part that caught my attention was that the case was filed at the Orange County Court in the state of New York. I've been wondering if Monroe Motor Cars may have been the dealership that was featured on American Chopper?

For those that may not remember the episode, there was a portion of one show where Paul, Sr. and Mikey go to a local GM dealer to buy Mikey a new Silverado. In classic American Chopper style, Paul, Sr. tows Mikey's trade-in to the dealership behind his Hummer and then the negotiations begin.

I can't imagine that there are too many GM dealers in Orange County - maybe it's the same one?

I'll try to contact some of the local Orange County GM dealers to see if there's more information. I'd also be curious to know how business is doing in that part of our country?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
Gregg

Jim Smith Chevrolet in Walden, NY
Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Gregg - Thanks for the information and welcome to the forum.

Do you have any idea if being on the show helped the dealership to increase sales/profits? They certainly received a great deal of exposure - I was just wondering if that translated into sales?

Thanks again for the information and have a great week.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Gregg

My guess is that it probably didn't impact their sales much if at all. Just as you couldn't tell which dealership it is, it's hard to tell which one it is unless you know. I did work for their other dealership many years ago and this store is somewhat local to me.
Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
My guess is that it probably didn't impact their sales much if at all. Just as you couldn't tell which dealership it is, it's hard to tell which one it is unless you know. I did work for their other dealership many years ago and this store is somewhat local to me.
Interesting, thanks for the information.

With all of the "product placement" it seems like American Chopper has turned into an hour long commercial. (I guess that's the new strategy to combat people who use Tivo to skip the regular commercials.)