Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 07-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Minor changes to DealershipForum.com

I will be making some minor changes to the forum over the weekend in an effort to make the site easier to navigate for new members and "lurkers."

The biggest change will be increasing the number of Recent Treads on the Home Page from 10 to 20. I plan to use the Home Page URL in future press releases to make the site easier to read for first time visitors.

I'll also add and delete some smilies so the forum is a little less boring.

Finally, I noticed that some of the links are messed up after I had my Website Developer add the Independent Dealer Section. (If you click on Chrysler Sales you may end up in GM Bankruptcy.)

I'll send a note to my Website Developer and ask that he fix the broken links.

Most important, if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to add them to this thread or send me a PM.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
CL Pgh

Really like the 20 list on the Home Page!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Really like the 20 list on the Home Page!
Thanks, I like it a lot better too.

I noticed when I was away from the forum that it was easy to miss posts when there were more than 10 active threads.

That said, the New Posts link on the Header Bar works really good too when the forum is busy. (The New Posts link is on the Header Bar between the Calendar and Search links.)
Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
F&I Pro

Thanks Xman, thought I was losing my mind everytime I wound up at the GM Bankruptcy site while in Chrysler
Now I can rest easy knowing I haven't totally lost it (what there is of it to lose)
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&I Pro View Post
Thanks Xman, thought I was losing my mind everytime I wound up at the GM Bankruptcy site while in Chrysler
It's weird, because I didn't notice the problem until just the other day. I never use those links to get to the sub-forums so I never experienced the problem.

I did notice the CL posted a Chrysler topic in the GM Bankruptcy Section but I figured it was just a mistake. A few days later I noticed that possum moved one of his own threads and then I became suspicious and started looking for the problem. (BTW - I was impressed that possum moved his own thread - I think he's the first member here to do that. :thumbsup_old
Old 07-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
jules4jeeps

I still say you should do the facebook thing, make a little page, etc...in fact here is the link to my store's FB pagehttp://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Countryside-IL/Continental-Auto-Center/100523699098?ref=nf

: ...I am the fiesty looking female under "Management Staff at Your Service"...and you may not be able to see it, unless you are "on" Facebook, so those in the slow lane, check into Facebook. It's free advertising, promotion, and use of cyber-land demographics in ways and processes we have yet to harness and so sad that the domestics and many others never grasped.
jules4jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Jules - thanks for the suggestion - I value your opinion.

I still haven't created a DealershipForum page for Facebook but the idea is on the "radar screen."
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Default All the links have been fixed

My Website Developer fixed the problem with the sub-forum links last night - we should be 100% good to go. :thumbsup_old: