Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

Default Rejected Dealer Lawsuit Being Filed Tomorrow Against U.S. Treasury

To All :

Thanks to each of you who have have helped assemble rejected Chrysler dealers to join my lawsuit against the U.S. Treasury for the unconstitutional conduct of the Presdients Auto Task Force. Barofsky's resignation should not hinder further investigations and I intend to use the full scope of our dicovery rights in the Court of Federal Claims to uncover the evidence of Government intrusion into private enterprise and the "Taking" of private property without compensation by the Government. It has become increasingly clear that the Task Force directed that Chrysler file Bankruptcy and cut dealers in the process.

We have 66 dealers on board and the number grows daily. The nation's pre-eminent "Government Takings" lawyers, Roger and Nancy Marzulla of Washington DC, have joined my litigation team. They have co-authored the authoritive book on the subject of Government Taking of Private Property. They are very enthusiastic about the merits of our case.

As many of you know, I started out as a car jockey in the 1970's at my father's Buick dealership on Long Island. He urged me to attend law school rather than take over the business as he spoke of his frustration over dealing with the factory and the Government as well as the absence of lawyers with auto dealership knowledge. Fast forward 40 years. I wonder if he ever envisioned a fight of this magnitude to vindicate so many dealers victimized by this travesty against the most powerful adversary in the world. Right will prevail over Might.

Wish me luck !

Regards, Len Bellavia
DealerLaw.com is offline   Reply With Quote