Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #16
The StraightShooter

From what I understand Jim Press only draws a paycheck from from the BET auto group. A complete figure head with no role/power as President
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #17
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The StraightShooter View Post
From what I understand Jim Press only draws a paycheck from from the BET auto group. A complete figure head with no role/power as President
Not a surprise to anyone here on the Forum. I think most, if not all of us wonder why he is employed ANYWHERE! A total POS.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:49 AM   #18
DealerEx

Well every big corporate group needs someone they can go to who has the proven ability to lie shamelessly with a straight face in case they involved in media intensive PR situation. Without a doubt Jim Press has proven his ability in that regard.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #19
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

Today was a very good day in court. Rattner testified that the Government orchestrated the terminations.
While Chrysler made the selections, the point is that the Government made the closures a condition of the bailout.
We have several weeks to go and the Government has highly skilled lawyers but so far the case is going in nicely. Regards to all, Len Bellavia
DealerLaw.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #20
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerLaw.com View Post
Today was a very good day in court. Rattner testified that the Government orchestrated the terminations.
While Chrysler made the selections, the point is that the Government made the closures a condition of the bailout.
We have several weeks to go and the Government has highly skilled lawyers but so far the case is going in nicely. Regards to all, Len Bellavia
You are doing a wonderful job! I am part way through Thursday testimony and am resisting the temptation to jump forward. Keep up the good work!! THANK YOU!
Old 04-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #21
57years

Any Updates? Are there any detailed postings or evidentiary court filings available (via link)? Thanks,
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:41 PM   #22
steve_biegler

I've been watching the links and have just started with RATtner testimony. Family, grandpa and work duties has slowed my watching time. I'll post after I finish listening to the rat. So far it seems to be very good for the dealers. The Attorneys are doing a good job.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #23
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

Default Status report

Tomorrow Nardelli testifies to be followed by Landry and Grady.
Bloom was neutralized. So far we are happy with the progress of the case. Should conclude at the end of next week. Then post trial briefs which will take a couple of months so there will not be a verdict for a little while.
Very happy to see so many dealers in the courtroom to lend support.

Regards to all, Len Bellavia
Old 05-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #24
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerLaw.com View Post
Tomorrow Nardelli testifies to be followed by Landry and Grady.
Bloom was neutralized. So far we are happy with the progress of the case. Should conclude at the end of next week. Then post trial briefs which will take a couple of months so there will not be a verdict for a little while.
Very happy to see so many dealers in the courtroom to lend support.

Regards to all, Len Bellavia
Thanks for all the work you and your staff has put in. It is appreciated more than you know by all the dealers involved.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #25
flstsphil

I attended the last two days of the trial. Saw Lasorda testify along with a couple of business valuation professor types. Our side cross examined the witnesses. Len did an outstanding job cross examining one of the professors and I do not think the others hurt us.

My understanding is that the Judge gave each side instructions for post trial briefings after I left. Each side has a couple of months to prepare the briefings, giving her the information she needs to make her decisions.

I remain optimistic.
flstsphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #26
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flstsphil View Post
I attended the last two days of the trial. Saw Lasorda testify along with a couple of business valuation professor types. Our side cross examined the witnesses. Len did an outstanding job cross examining one of the professors and I do not think the others hurt us.

My understanding is that the Judge gave each side instructions for post trial briefings after I left. Each side has a couple of months to prepare the briefings, giving her the information she needs to make her decisions.

I remain optimistic.
I've got to get caught up! I'm way behind.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #27
steve_biegler

Looks like final arguments will begin in a couple weeks.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:02 AM   #28
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

The trial is finally over. A verdict will likely be issued in September or October. I will try to post links to the closings statements next week. On behalf of the 789 thank you all for your support.
- Len
Old 08-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #29
steve_biegler

Just finished Nardelli's testimony. Didn't remember much, surprise surprise. How these people get the positions they have is beyond me. Next up is the head of Chrysler Canada. Bet he can't remember much either.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #30
steve_biegler

About an hour into Landry's testimony. Kind of funny listening to him try to explain MSR. Looks as though he didn't even understand it.