View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
mryan55

I guess I was a lucky one -- my 2017 orders were never built for the same issue that there was a stop sale on your on ground units last year. I have had three 2018 Pacifica Hybrids so far, two sold units and one stock unit that turned in less than 30 days.

Of course the deals were short and the only justification for the short deals was the Pacifica being on the top-tier for VGP payout.

My guess is that the Hybrid tech is much more expensive than I think -- rather than have a higher MSRP and more markup for us, FCA has ensured that there is no money for either party in these cars deals.

The original plan on these units was for there to be no holdback but approximately $1,200 delivery allowance, but that plan was seemingly scrapped early on.

As for the Eaton level 2 chargers we didn't have expense this time around as we had three Mitsubishi-branded chargers installed for the Mitsubishi i-MiEV and they are identical (other than the logo) so we got a pass from Auburn Hills. There are still the special service tools, though! At the current pace and average front end per unit we aren't going to be ahead any time soon, so we will just keep looking at it big picture I guess...
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote