Thread: Fraud
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
bbdrew

Default Fraud

I'm not sure if anyone has had this happen to them, but I got an email from a customer through our website for the purchase of 5 shock absorbers for a total of close to 2500.00. The customers initial request was from a town 4 hours away. I quoted the items and sent the quote. The person then sent me 2 credit card number to pay for the order. The credit cards looked good and contained all information needed, but I still didn't feel right. I emailed the customer for shipping information and billing zip code, they then sent all the information an address in TX. I check the address and it was an abandoned business in TX. I checked the BBB on the business and the only complaint was a delivery issue. I got my office manager involved at this point and she recommended me ask for a faxed copy of the credit card and drivers license. I then asked for it from the customer and got it. The Drivers License and Passport they sent looked good for someone in CA, but the copy of the credit card was photoshopped and they did a horrible job at it. I broke off communication and will be reporting to the Feds. I'm not sure if they can do anything, but will send what I have.
Wanted to give you all a heads up.
bbdrew is offline   Reply With Quote