View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
mryan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
While I know there are a lot of media sources covering the unveiling of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica here's a link to a report from The Detroit Free Press that I think does a great job - click here

I was a bit surprised to read that there will be six models of the Pacifica available initially with two additional models available when the hybrid version is released in the second half of 2016. Maybe I'm too simplistic of a person but sometimes "less is more" when it comes to making it easy for customers to make a decision and find the vehicle they want.

On another note, it would have been nice to see a short wheel base version of the new Pacifica but that seems to be a segment that most OEMs are ignoring now.
The Detroit Free Press always does a heck of a job with the NAIAS coverage... I can be proud of my hometown paper for that

I think it will be a good product to have in our showrooms, although I am sure that the pricing can get out of hand when you start ticking all the boxes.

As for a short-wheel base minivan, IIRC the whole DaimlerChrysler plan was to have the Journey replace the SWB vans. That's worked out well, right?

In reality, the Journey has had a good ride the last few years too. Standard third row on most trim levels came in 2015, and one heck of a lease program -- especially on the R/T FWD in employee markets in the GLBC -- have also helped us sell a few more Journeys than usual.

I will making my trip to the NAIAS on Sunday, so I will take some pictures and have some insight for FCA and the rest of what I see. It will give me something to do with a few days away from the dealership. I am excited to see the minivan and although I am not always the biggest GM supporter (ok, never) I am interested to see the Buick Avista as well as the Buick Cascada convertible which is actually entering production. Seems an odd and shrinking segment for a volume brand, but we will see.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote