View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Polaris Slingshot draws a crowd....

If you're wondering why I didn't take a better picture of the new Polaris Slingshot, it's because the vehicle drew such a crowd there was never a chance to get a clean shot.

I spoke with the sales rep and he told me they've only had the Slingshot for the past month or so and they've been selling them as fast as they can get them.

I asked about licensing and he indicated that Arizona does require that the driver have a motorcycle endorsement but they don't have to take the license test using a motorcycle. He elaborated that people who buy the Slingshot can take attend a driving school that's sponsored by the dealership and they receive a certificate that they can take to DMV to get their endorsement.

Concerning the Slingshot, you can see that it dwarfs the BRP three-wheeler in the background. To me the BRP three-wheeler looked like it was intended for someone who was too old to ride a motorcycle - the Slingshot, by contrast, looks like it's suited for someone who wants to drive fast without paying a fortune.

I have no idea what a Slingshot sells for - I haven't looked it up yet.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote