View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
DealerEx

As Possum knows, I was not a big fan of Scott Bossier, but I stil feel bad for them. He was indeed one of the factory's favorites. At one point starting back in the early 2000's the Zone Mgr. rigged an election to get Scott on the advertising board, then "appointed" Scott as the ad board rep. for 2 other non-metro slots in west Texas (that should have been elected positions) where he had no business affiliations of any kind, in effect giving the zone mgr. control of 3 board votes with one person. At the time Bossier was one of the top volume dealers in the Texas market for both CDJ and Chevrolet(at the Fairfield store). Scott purchased a CDJ store in Waxahachie a couple of years ago, that had an expensive new "millenium" facility, and when it was terminated last year, the payments on that dealership, combined with the sales crash at the Fairfield store, just drained all the operating capital in about 6 months. The Fairfield store had pretty much ceased normal operation back in fall of 2009. Their inventory there had dropped from 300+ units down to about 25-30, and everyone knew they were in serious financial trouble. The Waxahachie CDJ store just reopened a couple of weeks ago under the name of Waxahachie Autoplex, but I don't know who the new owner is.

Back in mid 90's, Scott's father Larry, had a very successful CDJ dealership in Bryan-College Station...state of the art facility, high volume etc...The Bossiers actually sold majority ownership of that dealership to 2 high ranking Chrysler VP's who decided to go into retail when they took their early retirement package following Daimler's merger. That was real popular with all the other dealers as the perception was they then got all the production they wanted of any hot model.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote