View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
Thanks for the confidence vote....
Please don't take my comments personally and remember I agree with most of what you say.

In fact, I'm inclined to agree with your comments regarding Marchionne's appearance but I still think it's largely a diversionary attempt on Marchionne's part. Think of how much time the media has been spent studying what type of sweater Marchionne wears, whether he's lost weight, how many hours he sleeps, how many cigarettes he smokes, how often he shaves, etc. To me, it's all just wasted ink. (Or pixels if you want a computer metaphor.)

The last I heard, Fiat's losing market share in Europe, their dealers are starving, Fiat's failed to develop a viable strategy for China and one of their strongest markets for generating corporate profits, Brazil, is going to be swamped with competitive product that will likely reduce Fiat's sales and cut into their margins. In my opinion, that's what the press should be writing about.

I think there's a reason Marchionne likes to create distractions and to a large degree it appears to be a successful tactic.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote