Thread: Six years past.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
My heart is broken, and only a future permanent release will ever let it go. I saw how my political friends bailed on me, how my fellow dealers gave me up to the myriad of Obama automatons. A Salute to the Fallen, a prayer for the employee-victims, a toast to those who carry the hurt....
Interesting comments.

I've heard from other OLDCO dealers who shared the same experience when it came to support from their fellow dealers or dealer associations.

I don't know why it happened but there's no question that it happened. Maybe it's like "survivor guilt" and the NEWCO dealers didn't want to communicate with the OLDCO dealers because they didn't know what to say or they didn't want to acknowledge how close they were to being in the same circumstance.

In the alternative, perhaps it was simply fear. The NEWCO dealers saw first had how the factory could wield their power without any justification or recourse. A NEWCO dealer who was still pals with the OLDCO dealers might be seen as disloyal to his/her OEM and that could have terminal consequences.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote