View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I can't think of too many markets where the Alpha store does what the three separate stores did combined in 2009 and earlier.

I thought I saved more pre-BK sales results Excel files for the Great Lakes Business Center, but evidently I didn't or I can't find them...

If I ever find them, I'll do a comparison!
I remember working in the Portland, OR market back in the 90s and Chrysler had three single point dealers Beaverton - a single point Dodge, a single point Chrysler/Plymouth and a single point Jeep dealer. All of the points were owned by different Dealer Principals and they were fiercely competitive. They all carried deep inventories, had top quality GMs and had Service and Parts Managers that knew the idiosyncrasies of each carline.

Chrysler Corporation sold a lot of vehicles in that market, had a strong physical presence and the Dealers all made good money.

Flash forward to current times and Project Genesis has been completed. Two of the three points now sell competitive vehicles and what was once the single point Jeep Dealer now houses all of the CJDR brands.

In the eyes of the public Chrysler's presence has been reduced by 67%. I believe the Jeep Dealer is still using the same facility which means the depth of inventory, both vehicles and parts, is no where near what it used to be.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote