View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

[quote=goodone414;1393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Great post. I think Chrysler and Chrysler Financial have a lot of great programs that dealers never use because they're so damn confusing.

XDCX You are 100% correct. Chrysler's incentives are so confusing it's silly. I have been with the same Chrysler dealer fro 20 years and i am amazed how Chrysler continues to tell the dealer body they are simplifying incentives yet the Chrysler Financial program alone is 28 pages long. I really believe they keep it so confusing so in the event of an audit the can reap great rewards. One audit allows Chrysler to charge back all incentives on a deal if any one incentive is incorrectly claimed. You can cliam a $500 rebate that the customer actually does not qualify for and get charged back that $500 plus say the $5,000 national consumer cash on that vehicle. The rules are so crazy that they actually encourage dealers to cheat. Example certain owner/competetive make rebates that require a customer to own a vehicle for a pre determined amount of time.
I totally agree.

In fact, I think if you had a large volume store you could probably hire an "Incentives Manager" and pay that person $40K/year just to review each new car deal and ensure that all of the incentive were claimed. For most dealerships I think that person would more than offset their wages by finding and correcting incentive errors.

The one I always used to wonder about was Price Protection for Sold Orders. I wonder how many dealers actually go through the process and file a claim to cover the price increase? If it were more than 25% I'd be amazed.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote