View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
bigolyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
....but it still seems odd that Chrysler doesn't have an easy upgrade feature that allows people to add Navigation to a 8.4" display that doesn't have it.

The factory must have heard about you're request X-MAN !

The UConnect 8.4A (RA3) Nav-Ready is now avail for 2013 RAM Trucks

Activation is $595/$520 Program ID# 39CDT charged to the parts acct and has a six month "free Trial"

The (RA4) has Nav standard with a 12 month service inc'l.

The charge is for the package of services as well as the actual Navagation feature.
I just bought a 2013 Ram P/U with the 8.4A (RA3) unit. Dealer knew nothing about getting NAV functioning and after telling them to figure it out, they said it was "an app I download" from the uconnect store. After researching it on my own, I found that it was $595 (still have yet to confirm from the dealer yet). I know how to get into dealer mode on my Ram, so I did, but it wouldnt let me activate. I call uConnect, they had to call the dealer and send them 5 pages of directions on how to do it, still had no price. I called the dealer, they said I need an RO opened and they have to have the Service Manager call Chrysler to get this activated, at this point Im like WTF. So long story short, I need to schedule my "NAV Install" and im scared to know what they're going to charge me for it.
bigolyt is offline   Reply With Quote