View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
My bet, for what it's worth, is Chrysler has no intention of breaking their relationship with Ally because they do not have a succession plan in place. I further speculate that the notification issue is a "non-event" because Ally will likely be split-up and sold off long before April, 2013 arrives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslersrt8 View Post
In case you all missed the news Chrysler announced they will not renew with Ally giving them their 1 year opt out notice. Wonder how that will affect balance of term financing, especially ABC program and how will they handle dealer floorplan?

Can't get the article to cut and paste correctly. I read it on allpar.com today.
Here's a link to a news report from Crain's Detroit Business - click here

While I'll concede I was wrong in my bet above, I still believe that Ally will be split up and their automotive operations will be sold to General Motors.

As I understand it, the pact with Ally that ends in April, 2013 only pertains to the requirement that Chrysler finance a minimum percentage of vehicles with Ally using subvented interest rates. The rest of Chrysler's relationship with Ally, including Dealer Floorplans, remains intact and is not affected by this change.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote