View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

I don't follow motorsports too closely so I can't comment about pricing but here are some links to auctions I occasionally check out:

-- Proxibid

-- Insurance Auto Auction

-- Copart

-- Public Surplus

Proxibid is a website that allows members to bid online at various auctions across the world. In my experience pricing is all over the board and some auction companies are a lot better than others. You also have to be careful to watch the buyer premiums because some of them can be very high - I've seen 20% buyer premiums on occasions.

Insurance Auto Auction is part of the ADESA group and they sell tons of motorcycles and powersport vehicles in various states of condition. Some are clear title vehicles with little damage but most are insurance totals with branded titles and some form of damage.

Copart is very much like IAAI but they have a heavy emphasis on motorcycles and powersports with their "CrashedToys" division. Copart's fees are really high unless you register as a dealer and pay with secure funds.

Public Surplus is just what you'd think it would be based on the title and in my experience it's really rare to find a deal here. The public has access to these auctions and the prices are often bid up to 100+% of retail. You also have to watch out for buyer's premiums - some auctions have them and other don't
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote