View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #36
mryan55

I'm not a General Motors guy by experience, but I can say that I am happy Fiat Chrysler's attempt at Dealer Standards back in 2010 and 2011 has been scrapped.

As for a BDC, I personally think there are better ways to handle internet leads than having a BDC. I know that GM has pushed this consistently since the pre-bankruptcy era, but I have found the most success by just hiring and retaining salespeople who have above average communication skills, especially using today's mediums.

Yes, margins are smaller, volume is key, but with some of the tools out there (live chat, SMS, etc) there are chances to make the process even easier.

It is funny that the more we focus on internet and selling from outside of our trade zones, the less important these shiny new facilities become -- although the gun is always to your head to make the necessary upgrades.

It sounds like us FCA dealers experience this less than GM stores, but it's kind of crazy. Really, with the decrease in walk-in traffic the facility will be probably be nothing but an afterthought to online shoppers, especially if you are pumping out of your trade zone and will never see the customers for service.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote