View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #19
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPIERCE View Post
what is the option 2 (terminated plan) used for? We just bought a Chevy Dealership and I was told we could do a 1 time buy/sell for as many parts as I want to send back....is this true?? Any direction would be helpful...
It has been quite awhile since I did a parts return with GM after the purchase of a Chevy store in 1986, and again when I sold my DCJ store in 2005. In both cases we had to spend a considerable amount of time researching every part number to see if it was current or had been superseded by a newer part number at that time. While in theory, you CAN send back as many parts as you wish...in practical terms they will probably not accept a good percentage of the items if the inventory has some age on it. The part number has to be current or superseded within a certain time frame or it will be rejected. It has to be in it's original packaging as it came from GM with the correct part number shown on the Pkg. or it will be rejected. The package cannot be damaged beyond normal shelf wear ( if an end flap on the box is torn, they can reject it. If it originally came in a sealed plastic bag and the bag has been torn or cut open they can reject it, and so on. I doubt that any of the manufacturers have become MORE generous over the last 40 years given what I witnessed in 2009.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote