View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Ford has been having quality problems lately. The MyFordTouch system has been hammered by Consumer Reports and the Focus has had build quality problems from what I've read on-line. I don't know if Ford is building the vehicles faster to keep up with demand or if this is more of the typical Detroit early celebration pattern, but Ford needs to get a handle on these problems.

Ford had a good story to tell when it could claim that its quality was right there with Toyota and Honda. Now, it is impossible to do so being that Ford has dropped toward the bottom on the latest quality surveys while Toyota and Honda are cemented at the top.

I hope Ford gets things figured out because with a red-hot Toyota coming on strong, the last thing Ford needs to do is stumble.
Great comments - I agree 100%.

In fairness to Ford the problem with the fuel rails was likely a supplier issue and I'm not sure about the carpet problem.

Concerning the current recall regarding the cap in the cylinder head, I read another report that Ford determined the "root cause" was the part in question was sometimes installed by hand when the machine that was supposed to install the part failed. Ford has corrected the problem by ensuring that 100% of the parts will be installed by machine only.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote