View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
AR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
News reports indicate that Concord, New Hampshire's only Lincoln Dealership will be closing their doors after being in business for 23 years. For the full report - click here

The report linked above is well written and I think the sentiments expressed by the Dealer Principal are ones that any stand-alone Lincoln Dealer would be able to relate to. Essentially the message is the Dealership was able to hang on because of their loyal customers and employees but reached a point where the store was no longer viable because they didn't have any inexpensive new cars to offer to potential customers.

With a certain sense of irony, the Dealer Principal indicated the decision to close the store was hastened by the fact the neighboring KIA dealership was looking to expand and agreed to lease the lot.

The linked report concluded that Lincoln remains hopeful that their new MKC utility vehicle (with LED lights that project a "Welcome Mat") will play a major role in returning the brand to the sales volume it once enjoyed.

Call me skeptic, but I don't think I'd bet too much money on Lincoln's revival based on what I've seen so far from Dearborn.
I just don't know about Lincoln's future. I also can't see how Lincoln dealers stay in business - the lineup just isn't doing much in the luxury market right now.

I initially thought the MKZ would be a sharp sedan, but I went cold on it when the production version came out. The MKC appears to be a sharp looking compact SUV, but I'm not sure it will elevate Lincoln's image that much. Right now, I see Lincoln in Mercury's spot - a slightly more expensive Ford.

On the other hand, I think the MKC will give Lincoln a good selling SUV, and that is what Lincoln needs right now. Still, I am disappointed with Ford's remaking of Lincoln. The new product cadence is too slow and the new products aren't exactly setting the world on fire either. I was expecting better. Maybe in the future Lincoln will be something again, but right now, I'm not all that interested in a Lincoln.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote